Home

QB dev trait regression

This is a discussion on QB dev trait regression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
QB dev trait regression

I have dev trait regression turned off in my league. One of the other users had Josh Allen drop down to Superstar. He did lead the league in INTs so I’m not sure if the game meant to do that or if it’s a glitch. Has anyone else seen this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 08:20 PM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: QB dev trait regression

I believe the Dev Trait Regression option only affects whether the game will decide that there are too many X-Factor / Superstar / Star players based on the Desired counts configured in League Settings.

Swami, previously a game designer on Franchise mode, did tweet out a week or two ago that players can regress based on poor performance, including dev trait, and separate from the Desired count triggered dev trait regression.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I believe the Dev Trait Regression option only affects whether the game will decide that there are too many X-Factor / Superstar / Star players based on the Desired counts configured in League Settings.

Swami, previously a game designer on Franchise mode, did tweet out a week or two ago that players can regress based on poor performance, including dev trait, and separate from the Desired count triggered dev trait regression.
Wait? Is this on by default? I didn’t know there was a numerical cap in franchise mode
Old 09-02-2022, 01:47 PM   #4
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Wait? Is this on by default? I didn’t know there was a numerical cap in franchise mode
The Desired X-Factor / Superstar / Star player count option has existed since Madden 21. Those options are configured in the League Settings menu. You can disable dev trait regression based on these caps by disabling the Dev Trait Regression option. This option is enabled by default.

The new behavior where a quarterback may lose a dev trait for leading the league in interceptions (and similar performance-based regression) is separate from this and cannot be disabled. This is similar to dev trait progression as a result of leading the league in various statistical categories per position, which also cannot be disabled.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:00 PM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Would be really nice if there were sliders for progression/regression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2022, 12:46 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

based on last year's game/your info, do you know how a QB might get downgraded after a year? I have a rookie QB who has superstar ability but is 100% going to lead the league in INT's (has like 8 over already in 3 games) but occasionally gets 300+ yard games so might get 3,500 yards hopefully more.

I am concerned he might go from superstar to normal by the end of year 1.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:20 AM   #7
Rookie

mathewmyc98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
based on last year's game/your info, do you know how a QB might get downgraded after a year? I have a rookie QB who has superstar ability but is 100% going to lead the league in INT's (has like 8 over already in 3 games) but occasionally gets 300+ yard games so might get 3,500 yards hopefully more.

I am concerned he might go from superstar to normal by the end of year 1.
I may be very wrong on this but I believe it's based off of positive stats, so yards thrown and TD's thrown rather than stats like INT's. So as long as you have respectable stats in those it shouldn't regress. Not sure if it can go down two notches or not as well. The one thing I'd be concerned about is with the crazy out of wack sim stats even 4k yards may not get you near the top 10 in the league.
NBA 2k22 - Houston Rockets Year 1
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 09-04-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewmyc98
I may be very wrong on this but I believe it's based off of positive stats, so yards thrown and TD's thrown rather than stats like INT's. So as long as you have respectable stats in those it shouldn't regress. Not sure if it can go down two notches or not as well. The one thing I'd be concerned about is with the crazy out of wack sim stats even 4k yards may not get you near the top 10 in the league.

so progression is ranked on how I compare to the other QB's in the league?

I'm 100% certain I won't be even close to top 10 in TD's thrown (Have like 4 in 4 games so far) but might have to go for garbage time stats if I need to get into top 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »