Home

General ratings rule I wish Madden 23 would follow.

This is a discussion on General ratings rule I wish Madden 23 would follow. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
General ratings rule I wish Madden 23 would follow.

Overall ratings should be comparable to a player's value in the league. A player who made the 53 man roster should not have a lower overall rating than the typical practice squad player or free agent. Obviously I'm not talking about freeagents like OBJ who command more money.

The overall ratings should relate to a player's salary and position on the depth chart. There are reasonable exceptions. A player can be a 3rd CB with a better overall than 1 and 2 if its a style or scheme thing but it shouldn't be more than a few points.

Its way too easy to replace the low overall players on a roster with minimum salary freeagents and I'm not just talking about longsnappers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: General ratings rule I wish Madden 23 would follow.

Not a fan of the second. Currently Jimmy G is slated behind Lance, but he’s better than several starters.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think a different way to evaluate players in franchise, aside from ratings, is long overdue.

Or if they must use ratings at least make them more dynamic. One of my fondest memories of playing NFL Head Coach is holding tryouts for players coming straight from the street i think it was, and having one of them turn into an extremely valuable player.

Stuff like that is non existent in Madden.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish overall ratings would just disappear all together, at least in franchise mode. I ignore them. I've built a spreadsheet with weighted grades based on what I want in a player on my team at a specific position. So a 65 overall rated player my be graded C+ on my evaluation while a 75 overall player would be a D.

I input player data from my team, the trade block, and free agency in the spreadsheet and target the players that best fit my wants rather than target the beat overall ratings.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:38 PM   #5
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

They could use scheme fits etc and some form of letter grade like the draft. That way there is no 90 to 99 just A etc. Would add more and make it change for certain players based on scheme fits. Like zone blocking scheme is A for a ZB lineman but B-C for player in a gap blocking scheme etc. That would do away with the ratings nonsense for a point here or there and then they can focus on differentiating each player with animations as I wish for.

Player likeness anyone. Let obj make obj catches and other stars dominate but aren't one handing everything etc. Spread it out via animations and grades and we are on to something.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 09-01-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #6
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Not a fan of the second. Currently Jimmy G is slated behind Lance, but he’s better than several starters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That's fine especially with solid 2nd string QBs. What I'm talking about is more common with positions like CB. https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...er-position/CB

Swilling made the team over Mabin and Jackson so I don't think they should be 7 and 11 points higher than Swilling. Jackson was hurt but if he had 11 more points of value he would have a spot on IR. McCreary and Farley are neck to neck on the depth chart but its early so I'm not tripping off the 3 points. However what Madden does is they will sit on that 3 points. If McCreary and Farley produce at a near equal level the 3 points won't change.

A better example is Rashaan Evans and David Long. Evans was a 1st round pick, Long was like 6th or 7th. Long outplayed Evans for the last two seasons yet Long is a 71 overall today and Evans is a 79.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
I wish overall ratings would just disappear all together, at least in franchise mode. I ignore them. I've built a spreadsheet with weighted grades based on what I want in a player on my team at a specific position. So a 65 overall rated player my be graded C+ on my evaluation while a 75 overall player would be a D.

I input player data from my team, the trade block, and free agency in the spreadsheet and target the players that best fit my wants rather than target the beat overall ratings.
I like the overall rating because it shows their work and we can see what's wrong. Franchise requires a way to measure a player's value. Something has to rank players. The fact that we can see it means we can criticize it and it can be improved upon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »