Home

Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series

It's fitting that football is known as a game of inches since any improvements in Madden...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 06:47 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
To not even mention the most debated topic on Reddit and OS, interceptions, is shocking to me. I'm not saying the review needs to side with anyone but if I used this review to help me decide a purchase I'd expect the subject to at least come up.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:57 PM   #3
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series

Is this legit Madden 23 or did this pic get mistakenly taken from Madden 15? The player model is beyond awful. What's wrong with his arm and he looks like a bobble head?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden-NFL-23_20220825134556.jpg (68.0 KB, 341 views)
Old 08-26-2022, 07:01 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Kotaku lit the game up. I'll also greatly disagree with defense creating "more realism" when defensive players are physically moving in ways they should never move. I'm also amazed that the physics of the ball wasn't even mentioned.

For me, if this is largely what Madden is, I won't touch it again. Short gain? I see it as a sack for a 15 yard loss on 3rd and 8.

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-26-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also not very fun to play Franchise Mode when it's probably going to break on you in 5 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 07:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
There is a lot to like about this game but I agree to write a review and not even mention the interception rate doesn’t make much sense to me. I have played play now and franchise, I have played from 10 min quarters with no clock runoff all the way up to 15 min quarters with runoff down to 12-15 seconds and the interceptions I have seen is absurd. I just finished my week 3 matchup vs the Bills, I am Miami. Sure one could say I need to get better and also that I’m using Tua(who is accurate but lacks an arm). I threw 5 picks and Josh Allen threw 8 interceptions and not one of them was with a player I was controlling. I use my middle Lb(Jerome Baker) and don’t switch and usually play from the behind the d view. I think I have thrown 15-16 picks in 3 games and the cpu has thrown about the same. Currently I’m on all pro, I the interception slider at zero for both teams an the 2 pass coverage sliders down to 25. My game vs the Bills was like 31-27, super close and I didn’t enjoy a second of it.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
To add to my post, I have tried pro, all pro and all madden. I have moved the Int. sliders from zero to 100 in case it is reversed, I know the fumble slider is opposite the Int. slider and I get the same results. Seems lit eevery time a curl/button hook is run the d just jumps the pass with zero effort from the receiver. On a 10 yard curl you don’t have to time control the receiver yourself to possibly fight for the ball. I’m frustrated because I really like the running game, I feel playing defense is fun and tho the franchise mode isn’t the best it gets the job done. I rushed thru my Show franchise Iin anticipation of madden and it’s pick city
Old 08-26-2022, 08:06 PM   #8
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
To not even mention the most debated topic on Reddit and OS, interceptions, is shocking to me. I'm not saying the review needs to side with anyone but if I used this review to help me decide a purchase I'd expect the subject to at least come up.
I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue based on this review since there was 0 mentions about the unrealistic amount of INTs from both the User and CPU side.

Lol conspiracy cover up? Just kidding…

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »