Home

Inside the madden Player Traits .... I'm just the messenger

This is a discussion on Inside the madden Player Traits .... I'm just the messenger within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2022, 02:59 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Inside the madden Player Traits .... I'm just the messenger

Like I do every year I scan the rosters in preparation of creating Classic rosters.

I won't go into full detail, but I will say that there are more MLB's this year than I've ever seen in Madden with the Cover LB Trait.

Guys rated in the 60's and 70's are being applied the Cover LB trait regardless of their real coverage ability.

Think to back to when we had the super man LB's and then they were removed.

Well, if you want to know why they seem to be back there's your answer.

Now ask yourself this why do a good amount of DB's have each of the Following Traits set to Aggressive

Plays the ball in the AIR Trait
Aggressive Catch Trait

And they are assigned Cover LB Trait on top of that..........

Why doesn't the WR's jump for the ball like the DB's and LB's

Well based on my past editing history I would separate top players by using these Traits from the avg players.

Seems like EA decided to overload the rosters with upgraded aggressive defenders in the pass defense Traits.

I'm not hating on them because I know the logic behind why they did it this year. New Passing Mechanic for the USER they needed to beef up the defenders and make them more aggressive going the ball.

That fit's with what I try to do when editing defenders just not on a large scale like they did this year.

For example, Deion Sanders I regularly give him the Aggressive Catch, Aggressive Play Ball in the Air and Coverage LB Trait.

Why because that's how you get Deion to be Deion in Madden beyond just his ratings.

But I'm not going to assign Larry Brown the same Traits.......

A couple of other things I noticed that is probably done intentionally by EA.

Very few players get assigned the Undisciplined Trait.

If you want to know why there's a lack of penalties in most games even when you jack up the sliders do yourself a favor and take two teams and edit and entire OL, DL and Secondary.

Crank up the penalties after you make those changes especially on Pro level and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

Speaking of that Trait it doesn't just apply to those positions. Why are 90% of the QB's listed as balance instead of either Discipline or Undisciplined?

I personally do away with Balance Trait all together because the Awareness rating is also a driver on the field when you switch the Trait.

I've created Brett Favre with high awareness and yet made him undisciplined at the same time with great accuracy and the results have been amazing each year I put him through a test trial in Madden.

Got a conservative guy who won't hurt your team think of Brad Johnson with a Discipline Trait or Trent Dilfer later in his career with the Ravens.

Yes, you can actually create game managers with that Trait if you know how to tie it into the ratings and combine them together. Guys who won't turn the ball over.

Imagine being able to play this year's game where the QB's actually protect to the ball better.

BTW you can actually get similar results if the picks drive you crazy, but you got to mess around with the Playbooks and schemes to manipulate the CPU to run the ball more.

Yes, I know that **** is time consuming to try and do especially for all teams.

I don't even bother doing it myself TBH with the regular rosters. I just do it with the classic rosters because that's where I spend the majority of my time at with Madden each year.

Welp that's just my two cents' fellas just wanted to share some of the roster stuff I noticed.

Enjoy Madden the best way you can if you have the patience LOL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 06:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Inside the madden Player Traits .... I'm just the messenger

Solid information! Question, what would someone need in order to create a global editor? I recall an editor from back in the day where you could save a file on USB, make global edits, then load the file back into the Xbox. Is that something that could be done again?
Old 08-26-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

So the amount of INTs is a roster issue? I still believe the Interception slider doesn’t work tho
Old 08-26-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
So the amount of INTs is a roster issue? I still believe the Interception slider doesn’t work tho
Yeah, it's definitely broken

Playing:
Old 08-26-2022, 08:25 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

If you want to know why there's a lack of penalties in most games even when you jack up the sliders do yourself a favor and take two teams and edit and entire OL, DL and Secondary.

Crank up the penalties after you make those changes especially on Pro level and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

This is exactly what I've done. Everybody except the QB's get the Penalty Trait set to Undisciplined.

I'm also setting all WR's Aggressive, Possession, and Run After The Catch to Yes. In my mind, they all do those things at some point in the NFL and I want all the animations possible unlocked, and then let the ratings determine how successful they are.

One other thing I'm considering is giving all QB's the Fight For Extra Yards Trait. Too many times I've seen QB's slide when they could have easily gained a first down had they kept running. I'm going to test it out and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I’m leaning towards the roster needing proper balance after a complete overhaul.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:20 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Good stuff, PM. This is good info for anyone who wants to take the time to put in the effort to fix some things. Hopefully we can focus on that type of talk and avoid any talk of how we shouldn't have to put in the work to make EA's game playable. Save that for another topic.

I wonder how these traits are applied to generated draft classes? It would be great if the draft classes properly assigned a variety of traits and no work was needed editing incoming players each year, then we could develop a good base roster for people to take into franchise mode and they'd be set moving forward. But if the generated draft classes also suffer from the same trait issues as the base roster, then it would suck having to edit each incoming class of players.

― Plato
Old 08-26-2022, 09:35 AM   #8
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Like I do every year I scan the rosters in preparation of creating Classic rosters.

I won't go into full detail, but I will say that there are more MLB's this year than I've ever seen in Madden with the Cover LB Trait.

Guys rated in the 60's and 70's are being applied the Cover LB trait regardless of their real coverage ability.

Think to back to when we had the super man LB's and then they were removed.

Well, if you want to know why they seem to be back there's your answer.

Now ask yourself this why do a good amount of DB's have each of the Following Traits set to Aggressive

Plays the ball in the AIR Trait

Aggressive Catch Trait

And they are assigned Cover LB Trait on top of that..........

Why doesn't the WR's jump for the ball like the DB's and LB's

Well based on my past editing history I would separate top players by using these Traits from the avg players.

Seems like EA decided to overload the rosters with upgraded aggressive defenders in the pass defense Traits.

I'm not hating on them because I know the logic behind why they did it this year. New Passing Mechanic for the USER they needed to beef up the defenders and make them more aggressive going the ball.

That fit's with what I try to do when editing defenders just not on a large scale like they did this year.

For example, Deion Sanders I regularly give him the Aggressive Catch, Aggressive Play Ball in the Air and Coverage LB Trait.

Why because that's how you get Deion to be Deion in Madden beyond just his ratings.

But I'm not going to assign Larry Brown the same Traits.......

A couple of other things I noticed that is probably done intentionally by EA.

Speaking of that Trait it doesn't just apply to those positions. Why are 90% of the QB's listed as balance instead of either Discipline or Undisciplined?

I personally do away with Balance Trait all together because the Awareness rating is also a driver on the field when you switch the Trait.

I've created Brett Favre with high awareness and yet made him undisciplined at the same time with great accuracy and the results have been amazing each year I put him through a test trial in Madden.

Got a conservative guy who won't hurt your team think of Brad Johnson with a Discipline Trait or Trent Dilfer later in his career with the Ravens.

Yes, you can actually create game managers with that Trait if you know how to tie it into the ratings and combine them together. Guys who won't turn the ball over.

Imagine being able to play this year's game where the QB's actually protect to the ball better.

BTW you can actually get similar results if the picks drive you crazy, but you got to mess around with the Playbooks and schemes to manipulate the CPU to run the ball more.

Yes, I know that **** is time consuming to try and do especially for all teams.

I don't even bother doing it myself TBH with the regular rosters. I just do it with the classic rosters because that's where I spend the majority of my time at with Madden each year.

Welp that's just my two cents' fellas just wanted to share some of the roster stuff I noticed.

Enjoy Madden the best way you can if you have the patience LOL

This was what I assumed without digging into traits. It seemed obvious that EA did a global boost to defense and didn't really rebuild it based on ratings etc. It's what irks me with the debates about ea on here. They don't have a solid base of players playing an even and realistic good game of football even at equal ratings but added traits to players on top of that too make it look more realistic when in reality it made it way more gamey and arcadey with everyone gets a all pro level boost to have elites and Joe schmoes all playing probowl level ball regardless of ratings.

Ppl have been saying this here repeatedly yet get knocked for the criticism while the excuses reign Supreme. Whether it's time consuming etc. EA is forcing this old code and logic down our throats an just boosting the already broken game to play more broken. As long as it creates a challenge tho then it gets accepted as progress.

No one should have to go thru that to fix the game to even play remotely realistic ans I can only blame the ppl making excuses because EA will do whateva they can get by with as long as the supporters keep arguing with critics talking realism why they try ans band-aid the gimmicks into saying it's the best we can get rn etc

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »