Home

Coach Mode/Spectator Mode Play

This is a discussion on Coach Mode/Spectator Mode Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Coach Mode/Spectator Mode Play

I know that there are a few of us up here who primarily play the game this way. The way we see the game, or the way the game plays out is kind of different for us as opposed to the User because we really don't have much input in the outcome of the play on the field. So, I wanted to start a thread to see what you guys are seeing on the field. Are the rate of INT's throw by the AI the same as it is in User v CPU games? How is the running game looking to you? Penalties? Whatever...I'm testing some things in Franchise Mode test run while I wait for the Week 1 roster. What are yall up to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Mode/Spectator Mode Play

The game looks even more beautiful in this mode. Also, gameplay seems much more realistic. What I mean by that is more errant passes by average/bad QBs, etc. You can instantly tell the difference between someone like Zach Wilson opposed to Mahomes. Naysayers, give it a shot and you won’t be disappointed. Settings: All pro default except the interception slider which is on 5.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

I agree it does seem to play more realistic. I am loving the players acting like the real players.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anyone found a way to get a realistic amount of penalties? Also, are you seeing the QB scramble?
Old 08-25-2022, 09:53 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
Has anyone found a way to get a realistic amount of penalties? Also, are you seeing the QB scramble?
So I'm doing some testing with two teams, the Falcons and the Lions within Franchise Mode, and what I've done in an attempt to get more penalties is go in and edit each individual player Penalty Trait and set it to Undisciplined. I've also started playing without the Accelerated clock. This has yielded about 7-8 penalties a game for me. Some more some less at time.

I've also definitely seen the QB's scramble too without having to edit anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
Just started!

DomePatrol's Arena

I am a big fan of coach mode. I started my Saints franchise on PC with the Start Today mod as well as Sabo's Gameplay mod. I have yet to see Jameis Winston scramble. He just stands there like a statue and gets sacked. In the second preseason game against GB, he was sacked 5 times in a quarter and a half(15:00 quarters with accelerated clock to 15 seconds). After the fifth sack, I just turned it off. It's a shame because I am enjoying the game otherwise. The mods really add to it. Network mods, field, jumbotron, and stadium mods. Uniform mods with the new helmets introduced this year. If only I could figure out how to make the QB move around in the pocket and scramble when necessary on coach mode, it would be really great.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:56 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomePatrol
I am a big fan of coach mode. I started my Saints franchise on PC with the Start Today mod as well as Sabo's Gameplay mod. I have yet to see Jameis Winston scramble. He just stands there like a statue and gets sacked. In the second preseason game against GB, he was sacked 5 times in a quarter and a half(15:00 quarters with accelerated clock to 15 seconds). After the fifth sack, I just turned it off. It's a shame because I am enjoying the game otherwise. The mods really add to it. Network mods, field, jumbotron, and stadium mods. Uniform mods with the new helmets introduced this year. If only I could figure out how to make the QB move around in the pocket and scramble when necessary on coach mode, it would be really great.
I honestly wouldn't play coach mode in Madden when you can simply get better results in CPU vs CPU games Slow Sim watched.

I can tell you honestly they do scramble and move around in the pocket on CPU VS CPU

I think coach mode is still too dependent on user input for the QB'S because it's not a true coach mode anymore like you got in Head Coach by EA.

If you need any assistance with CPU vs CPU gameplay head over to the slider forum and I'd be happy to help you out

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
what I've done in an attempt to get more penalties is go in and edit each individual player Penalty Trait and set it to Undisciplined.
Are your penalty sliders turned up as well, or is this at default penalty sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »