Home

When/Where will we hear an update about the INT problem?

This is a discussion on When/Where will we hear an update about the INT problem? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
When/Where will we hear an update about the INT problem?

I've played around 12-14 games so far since grabbing a copy of M23 for PS5. I've played these games with about 2-3 slider sets making adjustments where needed on All Pro.

I'm seeing anywhere from 4-7 INT's a game, most of which or the AI just lobbing balls to my DB's which is killing any simulation style gameplay. Every game turns into a 40+ point affair for my team since 2 or 3 of those INT's are pick 6's.

I've turned heat seeker and ball hawk off, as well as coaching adjustments to swat only. I've tried the INT slider on 0 and 100 with no effect either way it seems.

And of course, I'll occasionally throw an INT where my WR runs an awkward route or they just don't break on the ball like a DB does. Most of my INT's are usually my fault though.

I've seen tons of people in the community bring this issue up and I've yet to hear that there will be a change made or even if a Day 1 patch will eventually be brought out.

As of now, this game has been very fun and challenging offensively for me, but all that is ruined when I play defense and the AI gifts me free points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2022, 10:49 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: When/Where will we hear an update about the INT problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
I've played around 12-14 games so far since grabbing a copy of M23 for PS5. I've played these games with about 2-3 slider sets making adjustments where needed on All Pro.

I'm seeing anywhere from 4-7 INT's a game, most of which or the AI just lobbing balls to my DB's which is killing any simulation style gameplay. Every game turns into a 40+ point affair for my team since 2 or 3 of those INT's are pick 6's.

I've turned heat seeker and ball hawk off, as well as coaching adjustments to swat only. I've tried the INT slider on 0 and 100 with no effect either way it seems.

And of course, I'll occasionally throw an INT where my WR runs an awkward route or they just don't break on the ball like a DB does. Most of my INT's are usually my fault though.

I've seen tons of people in the community bring this issue up and I've yet to hear that there will be a change made or even if a Day 1 patch will eventually be brought out.

As of now, this game has been very fun and challenging offensively for me, but all that is ruined when I play defense and the AI gifts me free points.
Clint confirmed there is no day one patch but we could see an patch coming soon
Old 08-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

We typically only get a heads up about issues that MUT is experiencing. So if it affects MUT you'll hear about it immediately from MaddenDirect on twitter. If it doesn't affect MUT then we have to wait for the first patch notes and hope that it's included... this, the cloud franchise server de-syncs, and the offline franchise crashing a few seasons in all need to be a part of the first patch but we'll see if it actually happens.

Last year the first patch was Sept. 2, roughly two weeks after launch. So potentially we could see a patch next Thursday, Sept. 1.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
We typically only get a heads up about issues that MUT is experiencing. So if it affects MUT you'll hear about it immediately from MaddenDirect on twitter. If it doesn't affect MUT then we have to wait for the first patch notes and hope that it's included... this, the cloud franchise server de-syncs, and the offline franchise crashing a few seasons in all need to be a part of the first patch but we'll see if it actually happens.

Last year the first patch was Sept. 2, roughly two weeks after launch.

As long as we know something and hopefully get it patched before week 1 I’m good.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd like to see a fix for the interception slider. Having said that, most of the INT's that I throw are my own problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I'd like to see a fix for the interception slider. Having said that, most of the INT's that I throw are my own problem.
That is all they need to do really.

Have you tried the interception slider maxed out? Someone in another thread claims it is backwards. I've not tried it yet though.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2022, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm going to shelve this game until there are some fixes. Just unplayable for me in its current state. I've tried sets with pro sliders, way too easy and set up my own all-pro which I believe I could get to play well except for the interception issue. Not necessarily my own but the CPU's.

Tried a game this morning, Saints (me) against the Vikings. I kicked off to start the game and super simmed the first series as playing it out always seems to see a score by the CPU team (another issue). Picked up after the first Viking series and saw that Cousins had thrown a pick. I proceed to go down and score. And on the next two Viking possessions Cousins threw two picks, so three picks in three possessions.

Something which I believe is also an issue and may be connected to some of the picks is the momentum feature. Seems like if I get one pick the momentum for me goes way up and the opposing team can't do anything and I just continue to steam roll from there. Too bad we don't have the option to turn that off in franchise mode.

My interception slider is a 0. I've tried it at 100 and there is no difference. Hey EA, just a hint, the interception slider at 0 there should be no interceptions, at 100 there should be many, such as there is now.

Last edited by opd897; 08-23-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:51 AM   #8
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That is all they need to do really.

Have you tried the interception slider maxed out? Someone in another thread claims it is backwards. I've not tried it yet though.
I haven't actually moved any sliders myself. I was assuming that the feedback I saw from multiple people (about the int slider not having an effect) was true.

I personally like the challenge I'm seeing on All-Madden, and yeah I threw 23 interceptions in my season, but I have learned a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »