Home

Pro is the new All Pro

This is a discussion on Pro is the new All Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Pro is the new All Pro

I've been playing on All Pro difficulty level since the PS1 days, with sliders adjusted in various ways to make the game both fun and the right level of a challenge. But in recent years, the developers have been skewing the difficulty more and more to make playing offense at that level more frustrating, largely by making the CPU defense agressive to a cartoonish degree.

And so I've finally come to terms with the fact that at least as far as playing on offense vs the CPU's defense, Pro is the new All Pro. After playing about ten games and adjusting my sliders, lowing the difficulty setting gives me a very similar game to what I'm used to. It feels like cheating to need to do this and take the step back, but it is what it is. I'll continue to adjust my sliders as necessary, but I don't think I'll be bumping it back up.

Now unfortunately on defense, this makes the game too easy in some ways. The CPU QBs have been throwing a bunch of stupid interceptions right to my defenders, and I'm trying to get a good balance of fairness in that regard. The CPU can still pass and run at a fair rate against me. Its just the turnovers that are out of whack.

Anyone else feeling the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pro is the new All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Now unfortunately on defense, this makes the game too easy in some ways. The CPU QBs have been throwing a bunch of stupid interceptions right to my defenders, and I'm trying to get a good balance of fairness in that regard. The CPU can still pass and run at a fair rate against me. Its just the turnovers that are out of whack.

Anyone else feeling the same?
Off-balance throws straight to defenders while on the run? If so.....take a gander at the OP of this thread....

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

If they are just dumb throws into coverage while the QB is set; then I don't know....not seeing it on AP....
Old 08-22-2022, 05:22 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Ya know, it's funny. I'm in that same boat that for YEARS, since early PS2 days, I've always played on All Pro. All Madden has always been way too much for me. But last year, on PC, I played on All Madden because I was just stomping the AI.

Now I'm on next gen this year, and All Pro is just beating me up. Combined with some really silly tipped INTs (which I'll fix with the INT slider), I just cannot find that happy middle. Vs All Pro, I can run for 180 yards, but god help me in the passing game. I've played about 20 games thus far, and I've had multiple games where I threw SIX interceptions in the game. From stupid tipped balls to the defense just blanketing my guys, and my offensive line giving me 1.5 seconds to throw the ball at times.

So, I might be tuning it down to Pro as well. I don't care what the difficulty is, I just want a fun game.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Off-balance throws straight to defenders while on the run? If so.....take a gander at the OP of this thread....

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

If they are just dumb throws into coverage while the QB is set; then I don't know....not seeing it on AP....
A bit of both. I'll certainly take a look at that thread. Some are absolutely amazing picks by my defenders, the likes I haven't seen since the late PS2 era.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:02 PM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Ya know, it's funny. I'm in that same boat that for YEARS, since early PS2 days, I've always played on All Pro. All Madden has always been way too much for me. But last year, on PC, I played on All Madden because I was just stomping the AI.

Now I'm on next gen this year, and All Pro is just beating me up. Combined with some really silly tipped INTs (which I'll fix with the INT slider), I just cannot find that happy middle. Vs All Pro, I can run for 180 yards, but god help me in the passing game. I've played about 20 games thus far, and I've had multiple games where I threw SIX interceptions in the game. From stupid tipped balls to the defense just blanketing my guys, and my offensive line giving me 1.5 seconds to throw the ball at times.

So, I might be tuning it down to Pro as well. I don't care what the difficulty is, I just want a fun game.
On All Pro, I was also throwing 5-10 picks a game, and being sacked up to 20 times a game. Its clownish. Plenty of times where my QB barely took the snap and was hit. Defenders basically running through my OL like they aren't even there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Might have to drop to Pro and lower User sliders across the board so that there is a challenge there.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's kinda mind blowing when you realize that it makes total sense that at AP and AM the game is designed that the user's AI defensive players have a delay before they move (or they simply don't). It's by design because at the core, the on-field game is designed with user switching in mind.

You really can't fault EA on that because it does show there is a consistent design philosophy. Hence, the development of AI assist being implemented.

There are a lot of us who are now older (40s and 50s) who just aren't joystick jockeys anymore and Pro is now offering what we are expecting out of a game. Finding good difficulty settings at that level now is the thing.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
It's kinda mind blowing when you realize that it makes total sense that at AP and AM the game is designed that the user's AI defensive players have a delay before they move (or they simply don't). It's by design because at the core, the on-field game is designed with user switching in mind.

You really can't fault EA on that because it does show there is a consistent design philosophy. Hence, the development of AI assist being implemented.

There are a lot of us who are now older (40s and 50s) who just aren't joystick jockeys anymore and Pro is now offering what we are expecting out of a game. Finding good difficulty settings at that level now is the thing.
Yeah, I play the game the same today as I did during the ps2 era. Or at least I try to. (Prior to that point, the control was a lot less fluid). I've never, even in my early 20s, been someone who controlled every player. Now closing in on 45, there's just no way.

On offense, I control the player with the ball. Period. No switching while the ball is in the air and user catching.

On defense, I control one of the DL (generally the left DT or DE) until someone other than the qb has the ball. Then I switch to try and make the tackles.

If the game requires more than that, I'm just not capable of making it happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »