Home

NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 09:04 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

Wow.

Seems like 2k just went up a notch.My people that love creating classic rosters might shed a tear. If this is what Mike Wang was alluding to, then he wasnt lying:

"How these iconic time periods unfold is entirely up to you as the player. For example, you participate in the NBA drafts and it is possible, for example, to get Shaquille O'Neal to your team during the Jordan period. Kobe Bryant's Lakers can dominate even longer in the early 2000s, because of the choices you make as a player. In short, MyNBA Eras puts you in control of the most influential moments in basketball history.

All events that took place during the time periods have also been made as accurate as possible. For example, new teams make their NBA debut at the same time as they do in real life. The same goes for the changes of uniforms, arenas, coaches and sponsors. In MyNBA Eras you relive the NBA exactly as it was then, but as a player you are in control."

https://www.xgn.nl/nieuws/mynba-modu...zen-in-de-tijd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 09:19 AM   #2
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

Re: NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

This could be big, sorta been doing this with mods on PC but if we can have it straight up and on next gen. Yes, please.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Holy **** if true, this is what we’ve been dreaming of and surely would be accompanied by the filters and rules, hopefully tendencies as well, of that era!!! Please be true
Old 08-17-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Fire Feature but the Absent of multiple players might ruin it for me
Old 08-17-2022, 10:02 AM   #5
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

MyNBA mode in NBA 2K23 lets you travel back in time
By Sheadon Gunput on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM

https://www.xgn.nl/images/articles/_...1659099365.jpg
https://www.xgn.nl/images/articles/_...1659099365.jpg
2K's annual NBA game will be released on September 9. The new NBA 2K23 naturally brings several changes, also for the MyNBA game mode. A new variant allows you to travel back in time.

In NBA 2K23 , the new 'MyNBA Eras' mode is added. This game mode is like a time machine that allows you to go back in time to change the history of the NBA. In MyNBA Eras it is possible to relive three iconic time periods in the history of basketball as the owner of the teams. The time periods you can choose from in Eras are:
•The Rivalry Between the Magic Johnson Lakers and the Larry Bird Celtics (1983)
•Michael Jordan Bulls (1991)
•De Kobe Bryant Lakers (2002)

How these iconic time periods unfold is entirely up to you as the player. For example, you participate in the NBA drafts and it is possible to get Shaquille O'Neal to your team during the Jordan period. Kobe Bryant's Lakers can dominate even longer in the early 2000s, because of the choices you make as a player. In short, MyNBA Eras puts you in control of the most influential moments in basketball history.

All events that took place during the time periods have also been made as accurate as possible. For example, new teams make their NBA debut at the same time as they do in real life. The same goes for the changes of uniforms, arenas, coaches and sponsors. In MyNBA Eras you relive the NBA exactly as it was then, but as a player you are in control.

What else is new in NBA 2K23?

At NBA 2K23, of course, you can't forget the most iconic number 23 player, Michael Jordan. For example, there is a Michael Jordan edition of the game for sale and you can also play the Jordan Challenge mode in addition to Eras . In this Jordan Challenge you play iconic moments from Michael Jordan's life as the legend himself.

NBA 2K23 has also received some updates in the gameplay. The game is now more realistic than ever before and collaboration is central this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #6
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

This is exactly what im talking about
They keep putting new engine in but still not fixing flat tires like
Player DNA Bug

Dont get me wrong its a dope feature but i wish the the 2k MYNBA devs was more transparent and stop dropping the mic on us after every blog and fix the core issues in MYNBA first then you can drop the 🎤
Old 08-17-2022, 10:59 AM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

This sounds really cool but need more details. How accurate are teams and rosters going to be? I doubt 2K has added mostly accurate teams for all eras (would love to be wrong). Are we able to choose any team we want? For the 2000s era it makes it seem like you will be in control of the Lakers. I would love to use the TMac Magic of that time period or even the early 2000s Celtics. Hopefully an official blog will be out soon enough. The Jordan Challenge mode leaked just hours before the official blog, maybe same will happen today.

Last edited by scottyp180; 08-17-2022 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:06 AM   #8
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
This is exactly what im talking about

They keep putting new engine in but still not fixing flat tires like

Player DNA Bug

Dont get me wrong its a dope feature but i wish the the 2k MYNBA devs was more transparent and stop dropping the mic on us after every blog and fix the core issues in MYNBA first then you can drop the
And gives us start today back.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »