Home

Madden playing fast?

This is a discussion on Madden playing fast? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden playing fast?

Hey all, I don't post here much but I read a lot. I prefer as close to a simulation experience as possible but I'm feeling like the newest Madden is playing more arcade-like than any other before. Everything feels fast, or at least faster than how plays move and develop in real life. Is this just my perception? I kind of miss the option where you could control game speed, it felt like plays developed rather than raced, but I am probably in the minority on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 08:11 AM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden playing fast?

Speed is great in my opinion. Feels just how a NFL game should feel. I thought when next gen originally came out on M21, it was too sluggish. I play on speed threshold 95, probably helps quicker guys from feeling like Usain Bolt. Just my opinion anyways, no one has to agree with it lol.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Speed is great in my opinion. Feels just how a NFL game should feel. I thought when next gen originally came out, it was too sluggish. I play on speed threshold 95, probably helps quicker guys from feeling like Usain Bolt. Just my opinion anyways, no one has to agree with it lol.

I appreciate hearing it. I'm a 44 year old gamer and so I'm trying to figure out if it is just my perception or not and it may be. Thanks man!
Old 08-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

Honestly, I’ve felt this as well this year.

I’m 34 and have been playing every madden my since 03 and I’m having trouble keeping my brain and eyes up to speed. Gameplay is on the fast side and it’s not something that makes the experience more enjoyable for me
Old 08-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I played a lot (a LOT) of next gen 21 and 22 and this game does feel like it's moving faster. Not sure if it's because the pass rush is faster so it's speeding up my mental clock or what. I haven't even attempted a lob pass yet in like 5 games because it feels like there's no time for deep routes to develop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 08:38 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I have been playing some old PS2 football games lately so the gameplay feels slow in comparison but a lot of the new passing mechanics you learn when you first turn the game on are hard to utilize in the actual games.

For the first time in years I actually spent some time in the practice mode last night on a few routes to get used to it at game speed and I think it helps.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad
I appreciate hearing it. I'm a 44 year old gamer and so I'm trying to figure out if it is just my perception or not and it may be. Thanks man!

I always move speed threshold to the 75-80 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I would not personally say the gameplay as a whole is too fast or sped up. However, I have seen moments where I feel an animation played too quickly or something happened that made me think "mmm.. that didn't feel quite right" in terms of the speed of the action.

But with regards to the general overall feel, I think it's good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »