Home

My first foray into sliders. Madden 23 (All-Pro) PS5/Series X|S

This is a discussion on My first foray into sliders. Madden 23 (All-Pro) PS5/Series X|S within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
My first foray into sliders. Madden 23 (All-Pro) PS5/Series X|S

So I always mess with sliders in Madden. I usually end up coming up with a set that works for me. I've been tinkering for the last day because I feel like there are some things that need some minor, or even a couple major adjustments.

I really like the game this year, but a couple things standing out to me is the number of interceptions, fumbles, pass blocking on the CPU side, and run blocking on both sides.

I tinkered a bit and here are just a few preliminary adjustments if you are having these issues.

I'm using All-Pro, 10min Quarters right now. I may eventually test this at 14-15 minutes. I use accelerated clock at 13 seconds, but this is up to you.

These are just the basic slider to start with. I will fill in the options later. Of course, that can all be personal preference.

Version 1.0 preliminary sliders

Speed Parity: 75: This might be just personal preference. I also have options like heat seeker off, but again, personal preference.

Pass Accuracy HUM: 45|CPU 38 Raise CPU to 40 if good QBs have under 60% passing.

Pass Blocking HUM: 53|CPU 35 -5

I moved the CPU from 45 to 35 because I wasn't getting enough sacks even with the top edge rushers. 35 seems to be even better numbers wise.

WR Catch HUM: 52|CPU 50

Run Blocking HUM: 55|CPU 60 +5

Fumbles HUM: 67|CPU 67

Reaction HUM: 53|CPU 42

INT HUM: 1|CPU 10

Pass Coverage HUM: 50|CPU 35 -10

Tackling HUM: 47|CPU 45

If you notice the CPU breaking too many tackles, raise HUM to 48. It seems the slider at 47-48 lets the CPU ball carrier have a better chance at breaking the first tackle and gaining a few extra yards. This helps the CPU running game. Especially with better backs.

These are the basic set. I will be diving into penalties and special teams
tonight.

Let me know if you feel anything needs an adjustment. I'm totally open to feedback.

This is my first time ever doing this, so go easy on me, lol.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-17-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My first foray into sliders. Madden 23 (All-Pro) Lower INTs and Fumbles

Just a heads up what you're seeing with the fumbles may be a placebo. That slider is reversed so when you lower it, it increases fumbles and vice versa. So if you're seeing too many fumbles at 50, you would need to raise it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So I always mess with sliders in Madden. I usually end up coming up with a set that works for me. I've been tinkering for the last day because I feel like there are some things that need some minor, or even a couple major adjustments.

I really like the game this year, but a couple things standing out to me is the number of interceptions, fumbles, pass blocking on the CPU side, and run blocking on both sides.

I tinkered a bit and here are just a few preliminary adjustments if you are having these issues.

I'm using All-Pro, 10min Quarters right now. I may eventually test this at 14-15 minutes. I use accelerated clock at 13 seconds, but this is up to you.

First off, I changed the speed parity to 95. I've done this every year and feel it separates the men from the boys. The NFL is a fast game and fast players need to be fast. At 95 you won't see LBs chasing down WR's or fast RBs.

I changed CPU pass blocking to 40. Even with Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Kahlil Mack, and a few others, it seems a little hard to get to the QB. At 50, I was lucky to get 1 sack per game. I'm seeing 2-4 with the slider set at 40.

I also raised CPU run blocking to 55. This seems to help the better backs get through the first level a little more. Christian McCaffery only managed 40 yards at 50. But at 55, he hit me with 104 yards on 19 carries. I also raised user run blocking to 55. This seems to help the better backs play more like themselves. I'm looking into human pass blocking as well. Not sure if it needs an adjustment yet.

With INTs at 50, I was throwing about 4-5 per game. Some were blatantly my fault and just stupid throws. I'm using the new passing mechanic, accuracy plus placement. It makes it harder at first to throw well, but practice in the skills trainer helps.

I lowered INTs to 10. I threw 2 in each of two different games. One with Herbert, and one with Watson. 2 of those 4 INTs were my fault.

In the last game I played I was the Chargers vs Seahawks and was 25-41 341 yards 2 TDs and 2 INT with Herbert.

Gonna keep testing at 10, but this seems reasonable. I had CPU DBs knocking the ball away more than attempting to pick it. But it was realistic because the balls weren't thrown right into their chest. The slider at 50 would cause the DBs to be able to snag the ball much easier.

I moved fumbles down to 5. After a few games at default, there were way to many. maybe 5-6. After putting it at 5, I had one in two games.

This is all preliminary. Just thought I would post this if anyone might be interested in helping cut down some of the stuff happening a little too much.

This seems to be helping. I will report back with any other changes.

Let me know if any of this helps or you have an suggestions. I will be looking at special teams and penalties soon. As well as other gameplay sliders.

Interested in your set man! I’m working the INT slider myself, and will take it on to 10 after this game. I have gotten all the way down to 25, so was headed in that direction too.

Also for dropped passes. Not sure if it is just a coincidence, or lowering to 17 I have seen a couple this game. I will be going lower for my next match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent at Best
Just a heads up what you're seeing with the fumbles may be a placebo. That slider is reversed so when you lower it, it increases fumbles and vice versa. So if you're seeing too many fumbles at 50, you would need to raise it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
I do remember seeing this in previous years now that you mention it. I will play some more and see what happens and adjust from there. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

I lowered pass accuracy for both user and cpu to 40. I may go down a little more. I feel like anywhere between 35-40 is looking good right now.

I moved coverage to 55 for both CPU and human. And lowered tackling for both to 43. I feel like guys are going down a bit to easily. But again, all preliminary. What works for me, may not work for you.

I'm trying to get a good mix of talent level when it comes to playing against and as good vs not so great QBs and RBs. I feel like CPU run blocking at 55 is solid for both good backs and average backs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 08:14 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Is there any chance you could update your original post with your current slider settings and as you find new settings, keep that first post updated?

I'm following yours.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:15 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Is there any chance you could update your original post with your current slider settings and as you find new settings, keep that first post updated?

I'm following yours.
Absolutely. I will do that later this evening when I'm home and have a chance.

EDIT: I want to get in a few more games before I release my working set. I will update the first post with the sliders probably sometime tomorrow.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-16-2022 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Curious on your reasoning for the speed parity at 95 unless that slider is reversed and I didn't know about it that would make speed matter LESS and give big men a much easier time running down fast RB's WRs in the open field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »