Home

new arc passing system

This is a discussion on new arc passing system within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
new arc passing system

hey guys, what do you guys think of this ? i am using it and im enjoying it but there some things i needs help with.

can you just pass it with the accuracy meter and no placement?

if you do the placement plus the accuracy, are you supposed to hold the l2 and the left analog stick thru out the whole play?

how does the placement work per say? are you supposed to hit r2 or left trigger for xbox and then move the left analog stick?

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon

https://www.twitch.com/mrtoosoon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 01:07 PM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: new arc passing system

It's a confusing system in places and the tutorial doesn't make it a clear as I'd like.

I have no idea how to throw a lob pass while holding down the button to hit the blue meter. Just turns to a bullet pass every time.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0

It's fun to use and is even tied into ratings it seems which is amazing. But with superhuman defenders back in the game, some passes don't matter anymore like they did in the beta. It will be picked off.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

I think you only hit the blue marker when throwing a bullet pass. Lob u just tap it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2022, 02:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

not a fan of it. need some more time with it but I changed it over to classic for now.
Pokemon Emerald

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARA28
I think you only hit the blue marker when throwing a bullet pass. Lob u just tap it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app

I think you’re right, and touch is in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2022, 02:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Massive game changer to me personally. If we didn't have the total control passing and it was just the visual updates with the catch radius and the tethered cursor, it would still be a welcome improvement as you would finally get a visual of where you were aiming the ball.

I know in the past we've all had moments where we tried to lead a WR one way and the ball went the other way and was probably picked off. It was confusing in the past because you wondered if the game received your input. Now with the the new visual catch radius and target reticule you know exactly where you are aiming the ball and don't have to wonder. And with the improved misfires being more realistic, passing is in a good spot.

Then when you add on the rest of the mechanic where you can hold the trigger down and aim the throw wherever you want, it really is one of the biggest additions to the franchise in a long time. So many types of throws are available now that were impossible with the old tether system.

I can throw fades, proper wheel routes, back shoulder throws, and on. I had a beautiful pass that fell incomplete yesterday in the red zone. I had a WR running an out breaking route in the end zone and the defender had some decent coverage. I led the ball back towards the front pylon and the WR was able to get their fingertips on the ball, it was completely out of reach of the DB, but the WR failed to get two feet in. That type of lead pass was never possible in past EA football games.

― Plato
Old 08-16-2022, 04:48 PM   #8
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I'm leaning towards liking it. To be fair, I've only been using it in the tutorial since for some reason I can't get the game to move past it. So I've just played that over and over. So far, I think it's a welcome addition to the game for the people who need that extra challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »