Home

What's Wrong With The City in NBA 2K22 and How to Fix It

This is a discussion on What's Wrong With The City in NBA 2K22 and How to Fix It within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

In an iconic moment in the original Jurassic Park film, the inimitable Jeff Goldblum, as Dr....

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2022, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's Wrong With The City in NBA 2K22 and How to Fix It

I agree with the problems here and the solutions for the most part. I do wish they would allow users to cut out the city altogether and just be able to select the various multiplayer matches via a streamlined menu. No traversal and no wasted time. Just log in, select the game mode I want to play, and get going.

I feel as though 2k just doesn't value the player's time anymore...at least not when playing online.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

I actually enjoy the city environment. I do wish they would speed up the equipment that you can use to move around.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't mind the city, some of it's really cool. Just give us more fast travel options, if you have an objective somewhere give us an option to fast travel to that spot... And I'm so tired of having to do the stupid Gatorade drills which is probably part of their deal with Gatorade for advertising.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2022, 04:10 PM   #5
Rookie

A whole article about the City and not one mention about how laggy it is or how the sounds be choppy and stuttering most of the time. The music on the runway stutters, gets choppy, and slows down. The music at the Old Gym does the same thing. Sometimes players load into games in Old Gym with their bodies blended together. Sometimes you can see oceans of water when the City glitches. It's awful how laggy this game is online. But nobody cares as long as they can spam dribble moves and do emote dances after greening a three from half court.

I saw a YouTuber video of him moving around the City and it was choppy for him too. I left a comment asking him does he notice it and he said it happens all the time for him too. This is a major issue for an online triple A title and a BILLION DOLLAR company. Fortnite and other online open world games run fine online. Why shouldn't we expect the same from 2K?

Anyway, go ahead and say "get over it" while 2K backs up the Brinks truck every year with your money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #6
Just started!

Everything is expensive.
The only thing that is somewhat worth paying for is sneakers, well the few decent pairs available. Keep charging crazy VC for old sneakers!
I don't understand why 2K would port old sneakers into a next gen game, just lazy I suppose. The shoe stores are a nice idea with awful execution. I expect more of the same for 2K23.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:22 AM   #7
Rookie

The Problem : The city in NBA 2K

The Solution : Get rid of it. Use match lobbies.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

It doesn’t solve the issue as the zip line only takes you to the 4 corners, but OP mentioned it’s worthless if you’re already far away from your penthouse…the penthouse is the one place the game allows you to fast travel to by hitting R1 (if I remember right; it’s been a month or so since I played but I know you can do it).

The obvious solution for transit is just adding fast travel to the city everywhere, especially if you’ve already “discovered” the location.

For me personally, I kinda like the City concept. It got annoying by the time I was on my 5th build still running around trying to knock out the same quests again though.

And I agree with the poster above that was complaining about the Gatorade drills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »