Home

Fraser (& Mattanite) Madden 23 Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Fraser (& Mattanite) Madden 23 Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2022, 04:32 AM   #1
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fraser (& Mattanite) Madden 23 Scouting Tool

It's done to a good enough level to fire out to the world

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alqzay3N3W46hGVS...srxQl?e=3cIKfP

A key feature of this, is that I have averages of 30 draft classes to give a somewhat calculated estimate of a potential grade, if you do not have it scouted.

However the biggest feature, is the scouting reports themselves, great for your 32 man leagues mock draft, or for your own offline franchise to give that element of depth you wanted.

There are 4 different formulas for calculating a players worth so pay attention to all. I have plans for an update to increase the depth as well. Ideas are Mock Drafts based on team needs around the league as well as weighting changes based on your desired scheme fits and player preferences etc etc etc. If you have any ideas feel free to fire away

Attached screenshots show the initial tool screen. As well as scouting info for some generational prospects that have been found to showcase the scouting report
Generational CB vs WR
Generational HB vs DT
Generational QB vs EDGE

So, I guess it would be worthwhile explaining the tool
It will take "a small chunk of time" to fill in the initial info. So to go through in week 1 (although it isn't absolutely needed to be that week) and fill in all the data. Up until the PROJ UDFA players, it will need to be in order all the way down from the "All players" view. Once you hit PROJ UDFA it can be broken down into position to finish easier. Once filled in, it can of course be filled in after sorting by position.
Now comes to the M23 scouting update, where it will show a range for the remaining positions. This is something that will be left to your own judgement, let me explain.
If you have a range of A-C, but really like the players measurables, you can feel free to go with A as that attribute and skew the weightings in his favour so he sits higher on your board. If you think he's a bit meh and don't really want to consider him, you can then go ahead and give him that C. You could over value him and draft a bust. Or under value and miss a gem. Either way, I like leaving that bit up to you and having a bit of a hit or miss dynamic to it without having to force it with the tool.

On the scouting card screen, you can select group/position to show all those players between the 2 cards to make searching easier. You will need to copy and then paste as text into the name cell for it to work

If there are any issues with the tool, please let me know and I'll address. I expect there will be some typos in the scout reporting because I'm tired, weary and inherently lazy deep down. But this tool represents a few months of on and off hyper focussing and forgetting about it because I'm easily distracted.

Coming updates as and when I can be arsed...

Scouting reports for K/P - apologies to the brand for omitting thus far, but outside of KPW no one cares in madden about them

Scheme fit weightings

Potential updates to estimated attributes for unscouted attributes based on draft class averages

https://gofund.me/ce36ea0d

Some have offered to donate for the time on this. You don't need to, I thrive on attention and compliments, but if you want to send me a fiver or something then here is a link

I've posted an updated tool. comes with a team needs function now as well. a tab that will weight players more favourably if they match team need and then preferred scheme fit.

I'm hopeful some of the bugs that were there have been resolved

I have also added weighting for the top QB releases, which has a tab available in the traits section. It will show in the scout card as well as act as a modifier. So that QB with Slinger 1 will be more valuable that the carthorse with Trad 5

Fast, nearly perfect compact motion = Traditional 1
Fast shotput style three-quarters motion = Traditional 2
Fast motion that emphasizes a high release = Traditional 3
Fast, violent over the top throwing motion = Traditional 4
Fast, old school compact throwing motion = Traditional 5
Fast, over the top style motion = Traditional 6
Standard, over the top style motion = Traditional 7
Fast, prototypical throwing motion = Generic 1
League average release time throwing = Generic 2
Slow, elongated throwing motion = Generic 3
Lighting quick release, almost ignores lower half = Slinger 1
Very fast and violent whip throwing motion = Slinger 2
Three quarter fast and smooth throwing motion = Slinger 3
Fast, flick of the wrist throwing motion = Slinger 4
Quick, compact throwing motion = Slinger 5
Compact, Fast traditional motion = Slinger 6
Three quarter and quick throwing motion = Slinger 7
Multi-Angle quick motion = Slinger 8
Fast over the top motion = Slinger 9
Attached Images
File Type: png Tool screen.png (108.2 KB, 1535 views)
File Type: jpg dt vs hb.jpg (195.5 KB, 1499 views)
File Type: png cb vs wr.png (879.9 KB, 1480 views)
File Type: png QB.png (878.7 KB, 1491 views)

Last edited by F17; 11-15-2022 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Feck it it's ready to go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2022, 11:20 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fraser (& Mattanite) Madden 23 Scouting Tool

I've been looking for another scouting tool kinda like Old Man Nathy's tool that was amazing but he stopped developing it.

Is this something you will release to the public? I'd gladly donate.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I've been looking for another scouting tool kinda like Old Man Nathy's tool that was amazing but he stopped developing it.

Is this something you will release to the public? I'd gladly donate.
Voila

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ting-tool.html
Old 09-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Roughly when will this new scouting tool be released?
Old 09-20-2022, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
So, it's still a week or so early. but I've been working hard in the limbo between maddens to add a few things to the tool and make a few adjustments. The biggest thing you are going to see for the franchises is going to be the NFL.com scouting card, which will be taking draft class information and an average of drafted player attributes from a growing number of draft classes. So even if you don't have an attribute scouted, the tool will have an idea of what that attribute will be, although of course this can have some variance and be drastically wrong, but welcome to the NFL draft I guess. I'll edit this post or something when it comes time to release to the world. But in the mean time, here are a few screenshots

Here we see the initial sheet, filling in the basic info, but also being able to see the scores for the players as well where they rank to the rest of the class for 4 of the formulas used
Attachment 200955

Here we see the main feature. The NFL.com scouting card, where not inly you can see how your prospect is broken down by the scouts, but also, be able to compare 2 players. Imagine being torn on a QB at no1, getting your choice down to 2 and being able to side by side them. Personally, I'll be using this to add the drama to and immersion to the 32man league off seasons. If we take the 2 players below, Cody Graham is 100% scouted, whereas George Meeks only has 4 traits scouted.
We also have some instances of players appearing the perfect prospect based on their opening 4 traits. It would be prudent to ensure that they were scouted fully to see if you truly do have a big time player on your hands, or if you're about to get catfished
Attachment 200956

Work looks amazing! Did you manage to get the tweaks you were working on done? I am doing it myself for my 32 man CFM and I am just trying to save myself the work if you already have it done. Will be following for sure to see when you release the finished product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2022, 02:41 PM   #6
Just started!

Any updates on when this will be released?
Old 10-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreality
Any updates on when this will be released?
Not sure on the expanded F17 tool, I've had to quit Madden 23 due to busy life and haven't had a chance to finally fix and upload the lite version either.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #8
F17
Rookie

In the immortal words of Papa John. Stay Tuned!
This week should hopefully see things released

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »