Home

Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation

This is a discussion on Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation

If you’re a fan of video games, then chances are you have at least heard of...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation

It genuinely scares me to have this stuff talked about so openly. It feels like the powers that be will somehow interject and block it all somehow. Now, I've been around long enough in the modding game to know that another way always presents itself, but I can just see one of these devs getting annoyed, "solving the problem" by blocking the modding from happening, and then saying they are going to provide an alternative that fans will be happy with like they did with making NHL95 available but it never works because what they offer, like "vintage mode" or whatever it's called in The Show and the NHL95 game they made with updated rosters for NHL are both crap and show how out of touch the devs are.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

TFunaro's Arena

OVR: 1

Great article, but how could you leave out the NCAA Football '14 mod called "College Football Revamped?" The latest version just released not too long ago.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
It genuinely scares me to have this stuff talked about so openly. It feels like the powers that be will somehow interject and block it all somehow. Now, I've been around long enough in the modding game to know that another way always presents itself, but I can just see one of these devs getting annoyed, "solving the problem" by blocking the modding from happening, and then saying they are going to provide an alternative that fans will be happy with like they did with making NHL95 available but it never works because what they offer, like "vintage mode" or whatever it's called in The Show and the NHL95 game they made with updated rosters for NHL are both crap and show how out of touch the devs are.
EA could have shut this down a LONG time ago. Modders have been at this for almost 15 years.

I worry alot more about the players and all this NIL crap. I think they're the ones that can get the lights turned off.
Old 08-02-2022, 02:01 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Thank you for this article. Outstanding to see all this great work being acknowledged.

Rode the Madden 08 wave as long as I could. A little over a decade.

Tried to love Madden 12.. tried and tried and tried.. just couldn't do it.

If Head Coach 09 got an in-game graphic mod, I would never play anything else. Sad to say, I might even fall off the grid altogether.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
Great write up.

Might I suggest a much better faster emulator for the PS2 called.

Aether emulator.

Free on the Google Play Store free for Windows and everything else it's simpler faster and much more compatible.

Mods Breathe new life into games that were I believe one of the best all three that you mentioned were amazing games that still have better gameplay than what's out there currently.

Thanks for the article!

Old 08-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #7
NCAA 06 Next Mod

antdroid's Arena

@madden08PCgmr -- I think we are considering starting a Head Coach 06 mod for PS2 next, that's at least after our team finishes up adding more teams, stadiums and uniforms to NCAA 06 Next.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Topaztk was the name of the guy who originally made a plug in for texture replacement on pcsx2. He has never had anything to do with 2k5 resurrected and actually has nothing to do with pcsx2 anymore as the devs of pcsx2 have baked in texture replacement themselves now. LostSoul was the originator of the 2k5 resurrected mod.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »