Home

Question about dynamic difficulty.

This is a discussion on Question about dynamic difficulty. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2022, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about dynamic difficulty.

I know there are sliders to speed it up or slow it down but I’m sticking with default for now. So for pitching I managed to get to Hall of Fame Plus and then right after I got two quick outs and then gave up two singles and a double all back to back. After that the game immediately dropped me back down to HoF. Meanwhile I’ve been struggling batting on HoF and the game is taking forever to drop me back to All Star Plus. Just wondering why it’s so fast for pitching and not batting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2022, 03:50 PM   #2
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Re: Question about dynamic difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
I know there are sliders to speed it up or slow it down but I’m sticking with default for now. So for pitching I managed to get to Hall of Fame Plus and then right after I got two quick outs and then gave up two singles and a double all back to back. After that the game immediately dropped me back down to HoF. Meanwhile I’ve been struggling batting on HoF and the game is taking forever to drop me back to All Star Plus. Just wondering why it’s so fast for pitching and not batting?
I love the thought of dynamic difficulty. But I believe they go by OPS or slugging. So a home run or double will raise it faster than a single. But what I notice is I could go 0-10 and then the one hit is a homerun. It actually raises the difficultly level more than where you started from. To me, going 1-11 with a homerun should not make it go higher. The home runs make it jump too high imo.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 07-27-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

It can certainly get wonky once you settle in and are ping ponging between levels. I recommend using it to dial yourself in then once you reach a level you’re struggling at take it off dynamic and drop down 1 from that. For OP it’s probably AS hitting and HOF pitching.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlames
It can certainly get wonky once you settle in and are ping ponging between levels. I recommend using it to dial yourself in then once you reach a level you’re struggling at take it off dynamic and drop down 1 from that. For OP it’s probably AS hitting and HOF pitching.

Yeah I’m beginning to notice this. At first I was excited to use dynamic because I love the thought of have waves of success and losses like in real life but it definitely begins to feel disjointed after a while. Right now for pitching I’m bouncing back and forth Legend and Legend plus. Mean while my offense is horrible. For offense I reached HoF, struggled for a long while and finally went back down to All Star Plus and still struggling now. Naturally I feel like this combo is leading to many losses because at the high pitching difficulty the computer can slam me at any moment. I’m thinking of locking the hitting at all star plus and maybe leaving the pitching on dynamic for now.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Dynamic for me this year has been brutal.

From what I am reading here in this forum, I am not very skilled at batting lol. I often get to vet plus and I enjoy waves of success that keep me both challenged and happy. At that point I am able to turn the slider way down so I dont advance at all. This year I am stuck between vet plus and vet, and I struggle big time with plus. My last 3 games on plus I have a combined 7 hits and 3 runs. Its not like I am late or way too early on my swings, I often more than not get "good" or perfect contact, it just seems to go to a defensive player. When I am a little early tho, or late, thats when i seem to get hits, its weird.

To combat this I am trying a new approach to hitting. Guys with power below 55 I am leaning towards contact swings, and guys with power above 55 I am doing normal and power swings.

Any other tips from anyone?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2022, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

I’m the same except I’m stuck between All Star and All Star Plus. All Star is just too easy for me, I average 5 to 10 runs a game. Hall of Fame is just too hard for me, it’s mainly the small PCI that gets to me on HoF. I’m going to lock batting at All Star plus and see how it goes.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

All star plus at default sliders is the sweet spot IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
I’m the same except I’m stuck between All Star and All Star Plus. All Star is just too easy for me, I average 5 to 10 runs a game. Hall of Fame is just too hard for me, it’s mainly the small PCI that gets to me on HoF. I’m going to lock batting at All Star plus and see how it goes.
Sent from my thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »