Home

100% Route Efficiency Every Time

This is a discussion on 100% Route Efficiency Every Time within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
100% Route Efficiency Every Time

One of my biggest pet peeves in this game is after Sciambi yells “Egg heads, assemble!” And statcast shows me that the computers center fielder ran a 100% efficient route to steal a. RBI base hit from me. Is it even humanly possible to run a 100% route? I feel like I see this every single time they show the route efficiency from the computer

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #2
Just started!

jshubert47's Arena

Re: 100% Route Efficiency Every Time

It is crazy unrealistic, but goes along with what I think is the biggest remaining issue with gameplay in general. OF play is terribly unrealistic. Jumps are either perfect or comically awful with very little in between. Players reach top speed at their first step and stop instantly on a full sprint. There's no penalty for sprinting into the wall. Balls in the corners are the worst as OF can just sprint to the ball that's banging around and the animation system doesn't recognize that they're bashing into the walls at all. It's far too easy to perfectly play balls off the wall even with awful defenders.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Yeah I’ve noticed the horrible outfield play of late. Even with top flight outfielders they still take the worst path to the balls. Needs to be worked on for next year.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #4
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Yeah outfield defense is definitely improved over previousyears, but still a long way to go. Needs to be a bit more variety in routes to the ball.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 07-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Yeah outfield defense is definitely improved over previousyears, but still a long way to go. Needs to be a bit more variety in routes to the ball.

I agree with this and I’ve always thought that the vast majority of pop-ups in this game are not nearly high enough, which means: less time to react, less time to take a creative route, less time to even care at all because the play is over before it starts. Definitely something that needs a lot of further tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshubert47
It is crazy unrealistic, but goes along with what I think is the biggest remaining issue with gameplay in general. OF play is terribly unrealistic. Jumps are either perfect or comically awful with very little in between. Players reach top speed at their first step and stop instantly on a full sprint. There's no penalty for sprinting into the wall. Balls in the corners are the worst as OF can just sprint to the ball that's banging around and the animation system doesn't recognize that they're bashing into the walls at all. It's far too easy to perfectly play balls off the wall even with awful defenders.
Couldn’t agree more and it makes the game look ps2 era esq.

Not sure why it’s taken SDS so long to get OF animations right? The sharp jump straight into a sprint and animation from sprint to dead stop on the exact spot where the ball is landing is horrible, as you’ve said. There’s no transition.

I hate that there’s hardly any fielder confusion on popups and bloops, it’s too clean.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Turning the fielder speed and the fielder reaction sliders way down, does a lot to improve the outfield play for both human and CPU.

Also, I have seen some Stat Cast route efficiencies at 96-98 on occasion, which makes sense to me, as why would there be a highlight of a guy running 79% efficiency route, and missing the catch?

~syf

Old 08-17-2022, 04:44 PM   #8
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Also, I have seen some Stat Cast route efficiencies at 96-98 on occasion, which makes sense to me, as why would there be a highlight of a guy running 79% efficiency route, and missing the catch?

~syf

Your absolutely correct, no reason to show a bad route. I had one a few days ago that was 95%, that is the lowest I have seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »