Home

NFL 2K Playmakers Can't Be the End of the NFL 2K Name

This is a discussion on NFL 2K Playmakers Can't Be the End of the NFL 2K Name within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2024, 01:02 AM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NFL 2K Playmakers Can't Be the End of the NFL 2K Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I really wish remastering sports games was a thing officially. If EA could remaster and rerelease NHL 94 then I wish 2K had the same opportunity to do something similar with NFL 2K5. Licenses and all that stuff don’t allow it but I wish that deal they signed allowed for some wiggle room.
I really like what Lostsoul and the Discord community have done keeping ESPN NFL 2K5 alive with texture mods and roster updates. I wish there was a way to do it to the Xbox version instead of the PS2 version, but it's as good of a "remaster" as you'll find for sure.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-30-2024, 05:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

They should have just bought into Axis or maximum. Any one of those games with brand (Powered by 2K Sports) would have been headbangers. I would love to step into the offices of 2K sports and really rattle some cages. Give me 1 year and I'll make your dreams come true!!!
Old 04-30-2024, 09:56 PM   #11
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I always thought the best method of approach is to hold some form of multiplayer versus with a mix rule book of all the professional leagues. With the basis being like the park (my career) in NBA 2k, & MUT

Have user created my players mixed with nfl stars in this blended reality gridiron.

While being able to have maybe 3-5 users per team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2024, 05:45 AM   #12
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Man, this kind of reminds of what seemed like EA Sports getting back into MLB only for them to just slap their name on MLB Tap Sports (fun little game but still). Also kind of reminds of EA focusing solely on NBA Live Mobile but not making another console/PC NBA Live

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Old 05-06-2024, 05:20 PM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I didn't expect much and very bummed that this is the end result.

Such a bummer to see such an amazing product go down. I literally got my first credit card at 18 and bought a Dreamcast just for NFL2K. Span years later, and I was that guy waiting at Gamestop to open for APF2K8.

*** pours gatorade for the pixel homies I've played throughout the years ***

I honestly think 2K should go to a fully customizable, multi-platform, sandbox style simulation game. If they need star power, they can sign "legends".
PSN: El_Greazy
Currently Playing: Red Dead 2, Party Animals
Old 05-06-2024, 11:46 PM   #14
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I didn't expect much and very bummed that this is the end result.

Such a bummer to see such an amazing product go down. I literally got my first credit card at 18 and bought a Dreamcast just for NFL2K. Span years later, and I was that guy waiting at Gamestop to open for APF2K8.

*** pours gatorade for the pixel homies I've played throughout the years ***

I honestly think 2K should go to a fully customizable, multi-platform, sandbox style simulation game. If they need star power, they can sign "legends".
They went this route and it was a financial failure. I don't see them going that direction ever again.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:26 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
They went this route and it was a financial failure. I don't see them going that direction ever again.
I think it's fair to say they didn't do it right.

The X's and O's were on point and it was 2K-branded football, but a lot of things still were left to be desired. You can't say that it was their best take on what elgreazy1 is asking for.

Honestly, and I say this all the time... legends are what made APF 2K8 worse than it should have been, not better.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 12:48 AM   #16
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Am I the only one thinking people are overreacting to this mobile game? I think people are forgetting that when this was announced that it was for multiple games, here's a quote from a CBS Sports article talking about the new deal.

Quote:
"2K, the video game publisher behind the annual "NBA 2K" series and the popular "ESPN NFL 2K5" game, announced Thursday an agreement with the NFL Players Association to include more than 2,000 NFL players in multiple new football games starting in 2021."
So the fact this game released with little fanfare says this is ONE of the multiple games they have planned. Also let's be real, if 2K was releasing a console game, they would market the hell out of it. We would get teasers, pictures, dates of first info, etc.

The "simulation" license with EA ends in 2025, maybe I'm just being hopeful but what if the delay was due to the fact the NFL is going to open up the simulation license and 2K can now make a simulation console game in 2025? Would be cool to have a game this year, it's still possible given 2K does market the game much closer to the release date. So if the game comes out in August, the first we would hear about it is June. WWE 2K first info comes in January with a release date of March the past couple years so, hearing something in June would make sense if a 2K NFL console game is coming out in August.

So just want to calm everyone down, there's still time to find out if a console game is coming this year or not. We just got to believe... and I know it hasn't helped that 2K hasn't been able to say anything about the game. Still think it was better not announcing the agreement until 2021 or 2022 or announcing the deal when they have a release date and game to show the public.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »