Home

Old 04-27-2024, 08:36 PM   #21113
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
That’s fair. Do they mute them after 10pm on USA? That used to be a thing right? After prime time on cable they could get away with more? Maybe I’m making that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That sounds familiar but I think WWE mutes at any time now. I’m only assuming it’s a WWE decision because USA had/has shows that said ****, so they’re not against it. My guess is that WWE self-censors to stay in the good graces of any sponsorships that might not want to be associated with language.

You’d think they could just lower the crowd audio in the TV mix during chants if they wanted to dampen them. It’d still be dumb but it’s better than totally dropping audio every two seconds.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:34 PM   #21114

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

The Rock announces that Drew McIntyre has signed a new deal with WWE.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:14 AM   #21115
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The Rock announces that Drew McIntyre has signed a new deal with WWE.

Was hoping they keep it a secret to do the Summer of Punk storyline heading into Clash at The Castle. So apparently the guy who got fired sucked at his job, they are announcing new deals quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2024, 08:25 AM   #21116

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Was hoping they keep it a secret to do the Summer of Punk storyline heading into Clash at The Castle. So apparently the guy who got fired sucked at his job, they are announcing new deals quick.
That's what makes me think the guy just wasn't negotiating. I know people will be like "It's Natalya, she's nothing special", but that report saying he hadn't even started negotiating with her definitely made me think she's not the only one he hasn't talked to about a new deal.

I don't think they needed to do a "summer of McIntyre" type of thing. Unhinged Drew seeking his moment in his own backyard is a big enough story.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:28 PM   #21117

Majingir's Arena

Newest season of WWE Rivals was filmed/edited after the whole Vince stuff and you can tell.

They edited Vince out as much as possible.

The episode was Booker vs Austin, but obviously a part of that was WCW being bought by Vince and the Invasion.

Despite that, the opening of Raw when Vince was watching Raw and Nitro at the same time, they zoomed in so you can't even tell its Vince.

And the Shane buys WCW moment, they didn't show the clip, they just showed an image of Vince from behind looking at Shane on the tron.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:26 PM   #21118
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

If the rumors are true, then one year from now we will be getting ready for Night 1 of Wrestlemania in Las Vegas on Saturday May 3rd, 2025. The fact Uncle Dave is giving exact dates means something must be coming about an announcement. I'm curious if part of why the delay in the announcement comes from the fact most Vegas Hotels won't let people book out more than a year in advance.

I was snooping around trying to see if I could see if there were dates blacked out but some hotels wouldn't let me book May yet when I was looking a couple weeks ago. So perhaps we finally get an announcement next week, or they announce it during NXT Battleground in June that was moved to Las Vegas.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:02 PM   #21119

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
If the rumors are true, then one year from now we will be getting ready for Night 1 of Wrestlemania in Las Vegas on Saturday May 3rd, 2025. The fact Uncle Dave is giving exact dates means something must be coming about an announcement. I'm curious if part of why the delay in the announcement comes from the fact most Vegas Hotels won't let people book out more than a year in advance.

I was snooping around trying to see if I could see if there were dates blacked out but some hotels wouldn't let me book May yet when I was looking a couple weeks ago. So perhaps we finally get an announcement next week, or they announce it during NXT Battleground in June that was moved to Las Vegas.
A May WM will be weird for sure. But we've had WMs as early as March 14 and as late as April 11th. What's a few weeks I guess?

If it means a longer RTWM, maybe it's a good thing? I imagine they'll add in a late March PLE after the Chamber in February though?
Old 05-02-2024, 10:17 PM   #21120
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
A May WM will be weird for sure. But we've had WMs as early as March 14 and as late as April 11th. What's a few weeks I guess?

If it means a longer RTWM, maybe it's a good thing? I imagine they'll add in a late March PLE after the Chamber in February though?

I'm still trying to figure out what it means for the Royal Rumble. The end of January to the beginning of May is quite a stretch. If they do put Mania in Vegas, I wonder if that will force AEW to move Double or Nothing out of Las Vegas as the first week of May puts Wrestlemania and Double or Nothing only a couple weeks apart.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 05-02-2024 at 10:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »