Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #41
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Here's a video from Imav with exclusive info about MUT Squads.

https://youtu.be/EZpTaJAYgvc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 8
Not one comment about the mention of "several gameplay changes." No one seems to care about the team making it fun to play different positions - like maybe say corner back or heck maybe even offensive lineman? The team brings back 3 vs 3 mode and alludes to the user having more control of different positions and brings more fun to the game and all i see is "EA only cares about MUT and making money" when LAST YEAR they revamped Franchise mode.

It seems like the gameplay is going to be extremely different this year. I'm excited.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 05-31-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Not one comment about the mention of "several gameplay changes." No one seems to care about the team making it fun to play different positions - like maybe say corner back or heck maybe even offensive lineman? The team brings back 3 vs 3 mode and alludes to the user having more control of different positions and brings more fun to the game and all i see is "EA only cares about MUT and making money" when LAST YEAR they revamped Franchise mode.

It seems like the gameplay is going to be extremely different this year. I'm excited.
If the gameplay changes allow CPU-controlled players to play more to their ratings, then yes...it is exciting. If it is just a user mechanic, then no...I really don't care. Just my opinion.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:20 PM   #44
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

What exactly did they revamp? Just because they said it on the back of the box doesn't mean they did. You can bring guys back from injury a week or 2 early, and you can set your own season goal. So revamped......

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-31-2017, 08:44 PM   #45
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah. 3 v 3 makes sense for esports, for sure. Now, u will really have 'teams' of people that play together. And, the better they play together, the better, overall, they should be. And, I can see scenarios for gameplay conditions, too. Like, u might have 1 guy who is a great QB, but struggles as WR or something. But, u give the teams 3 rounds. And, they have to play a different position each round. Lol. So, the guy who can't QB will struggle. So, yeah, I can see this being interesting for esports. I don't see 5 v 5 coming soon, though. Based on normal formations, I mean, u would force players to be Olinemen. I guess some might enjoy that, and if they made mechanics specific to every position, then maybe. But, I think, in general, and speaking for myself, I'd rather play a skill position, so I think that's why 3 v 3. Soccer, u might do 11 v 11 or 10 v 10 as goalie is always wonky to try and play yourself. U have all players moving and can get the ball at anytime. Same with BBall. It's about who can get the ball, imo. And, football is just a little more limited in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Franchise got very little last year, and what we got was mostly stuff we used to have anyway. The biggest additions were post-draft player name editing (should've always had this, inexcusable) and practice squads which had very little point. If that's what they call a revamp I'll probably be disappointed with what we get most years.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:13 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah. 3 v 3 makes sense for esports, for sure. Now, u will really have 'teams' of people that play together. And, the better they play together, the better, overall, they should be. And, I can see scenarios for gameplay conditions, too. Like, u might have 1 guy who is a great QB, but struggles as WR or something. But, u give the teams 3 rounds. And, they have to play a different position each round. Lol. So, the guy who can't QB will struggle. So, yeah, I can see this being interesting for esports. I don't see 5 v 5 coming soon, though. Based on normal formations, I mean, u would force players to be Olinemen. I guess some might enjoy that, and if they made mechanics specific to every position, then maybe. But, I think, in general, and speaking for myself, I'd rather play a skill position, so I think that's why 3 v 3. Soccer, u might do 11 v 11 or 10 v 10 as goalie is always wonky to try and play yourself. U have all players moving and can get the ball at anytime. Same with BBall. It's about who can get the ball, imo. And, football is just a little more limited in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do know that if they did 5 vs 5 that no one would have to be a lineman. On offense there are 6 positions that are not lineman and in a 4-3 defense there are 7 players that are not lineman. But still, I think 5v5 would be hard to pull off due to the amount of coordination needed to be successful. Route combinations would go out the window if everyone was just "trying to get open". Zone defense would fall apart if everyone was "jumping a route". 3v3 or maybe 4v4 might be the sweet spot.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:52 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If the gameplay changes allow CPU-controlled players to play more to their ratings, then yes...it is exciting. If it is just a user mechanic, then no...I really don't care. Just my opinion.
I would definitely agree. I'm just curious, is there a feature like that in madden? Something that gives the user more control but is not CPU- controlled?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »