Home

What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #17
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

Starting with extremely low attributes in MyCareer has always been a pet peeve. I mean you're drafted in the Top 10 but then your overall attribute is no better than the guy drafted 60th...

Rather than starting so low, your attributes should be aligned with other prospects, but the development (as well as potential rating) during your career should be the major factor. In other words, the more playing time you see, the quicker your attributes will go up. Less playing time = slower progression.

Your performance during the game should also play a big factor, rather than your role & playing time gradually increasing based on the storyline. Oh that leads me to another factor - less scripted stuff. It's called MyCareer NOT Freq'sCareer.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
Foot planting, Foot planting, Foot planting! Every year they say they improved foot planting but yet we still have players sliding into position without moving their feet to receive passes. Players will randomly motion shift & slide about 3 to 5 feet into position especially when receiving inbound passes after a made basket. This is such an eyesore & immersion killer. It must be fixed for 2K18 or else nothing else matters. Foot planting is like the foundation of any sports game (besides hockey). Please fix this 2K!

There are many other gameplay flaws that need to be addressed like ball tangibility, improved CPU A.I. logic, cleaner physics (less player clipping), player traits & tendencies need to truly matter, passing needs an overhaul (we need pressure sensitive passing ala Madden to control how hard we want to pass the ball), etc... I could go on & on. 2K basketball has been a love hate relationship for me. Every year I see its great potential but yet it always seems to fall short because of its legacy issues. Hopefully this will be the year. We'll see....
Old 05-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

What they got wrong:

Not only the trade logic is jacked the draft and free agent logic is terrible. Teams draft a SG when they need a PG and already have 2 other SGs on the team. Then they sign a SG to a big contract but their starting PG is below a 75.

A lot of the floaters, layups, dunks, and jumpers animations are too slow. It allows the defender to recover to contest or block the shot.

Players jog when they should be running on plays or the user team will take 5 secs to take the ball out even though the user is trying to hurry up.

Last edited by keshunleon; 05-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #20
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
1. Loading loading and more loading time. It's not fun doing 2 minute practice and spending another 2 minutes loading in/out. This repeats 3-4 times each off day.
There has to be a better way to earn upgrades then doing over 300 practices and spending so much time just loading in and out of them.

2. Servers. This is like engine of the car so why neglect it? It needs to be a major priority. Imagine if they had good servers? They ratign and approval would spike instantly.
I logged in and made an account just to agree with this one the most. The loading times in my career and game updating logic is extremely broken and takes away from the experience big time.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #21
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like more focus on improving defense; and for 2k to get rid of the archetype system, in favor of more freedom in designing and creating unique myplayer builds that suit each user better .
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
One negative about myCareer that I've been harping on for the past several years -- 2K stop railroading us down a certain path. I'm not talking about stories, those are fine. I'm talking about attributes and building our players. Enough with the current system of attribute and now badge caps.

I understand that online play requires such safeguards, but stop punishing offline players for that. Should be a simple fix, leave current caps as is but make it so that they only apply to online play.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #23
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
One negative about myCareer that I've been harping on for the past several years -- 2K stop railroading us down a certain path. I'm not talking about stories, those are fine. I'm talking about attributes and building our players. Enough with the current system of attribute and now badge caps.

I understand that online play requires such safeguards, but stop punishing offline players for that. Should be a simple fix, leave current caps as is but make it so that they only apply to online play.
I've been advocating for a way where we can create a MyCareer that we can only use offline and we aren't allowed to use the player online, but it gives us basically the same options as 2k16 where we aren't forced to use archetypes and we can just simply choose inside, outside or balanced scoring types for our players
Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #24
Pro

My Career I should be able to get a teammate traded. With celtics probably getting the first pick next year (if they keep it), you make a PG and get drafted first, you're now on a team with IT, Smart, Rozier, and whoever if they get Fultz, Fultz. I understand some of these guys can play the 2 like smart and maybe fultz, but AB is at the 2, so you'd have a 6 man guard rotation. I should be able to get one of these guys traded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »