Home

What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
- Combine MyPark/Pro-Am clothing back together. THe fact that you have the by the same piece for each mode is disgusting
It would be awesome if they did this but they won't

The more VC we need, the more VC people buy, the more money they make
Old 05-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #10
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
I wish you could cut the season to like 30 games or something like that. To many games.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
I wish you could cut the season to like 30 games or something like that. To many games.
You can in MyLeague and MyGM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #12
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
That is why I like Madden only 16 games plus playoffs. FIFA isn't to bad, in general it is about 40 games. NHL, NBA and MLB to many games to play them all out.

I don't like the idea of shortening the game time, then the stats don't look realistic. I would rather, just be able to do 1/4 season, or 1/2 season etc... with full game times.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

i wish it could go back to being a strategy game.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #14
Banned

1. Loading loading and more loading time. It's not fun doing 2 minute practice and spending another 2 minutes loading in/out. This repeats 3-4 times each off day.
There has to be a better way to earn upgrades then doing over 300 practices and spending so much time just loading in and out of them.

2. Servers. This is like engine of the car so why neglect it? It needs to be a major priority. Imagine if they had good servers? They ratign and approval would spike instantly.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #15
Rookie

This will be an interesting comment section. My 2 cents. Not going into a whole lot of detail:

MyLeague Online - Please do not even consider putting MyLeague Online in 2k18 if we have to use the keeper system again. MyLeague will never be at its best until we get a real offseason with contracts and salaries and players that progress realistically and the ability to train these players. We have had either a stripped down version of online franchise or nothing at all for several years running now. It has to end. On top of that, the keeper system doesn't even work correctly. Too many times the keepers I pick don't carry over into the draft correctly.

MyCareer - Make it easier to sim through games. The way it's set up now you are almost forced to play every game or you'll be penalized. I can never finish a career because of this. I get burned out by year 2 or 3 and don't pick it up again. Honestly don't know why they set it up like this. Also, get rid of/revamp the archetype system. If you must keep archetypes let us pick two sets of them. Make the ratings realistic (no reason the max three any guard can get outside of sharpshooter is a 73). Also, don't artificially inflate our overall rating in MyCareer to make it look good.

VC - This is the most unrealistic suggestion but please don't make every mode so dependent on VC. For example in MyGM the way to earn the most VC is by playing games, but obviously that takes too long to do every season. Again, if you want to progress many years the fastest way is to sim but you don't get anything for that. And your players complain 5 times a week so to keep them happy you have to use guess what... VC. So you end up having to use VC earned in other modes to keep them happy unless you give up and just ignore them or trade them.

These are three game modes that I play a lot (or would play a lot), but they have big issues that just sucked the fun out of them. This might be the first 2K in almost 10 years that I will wait to see what other people say before I buy because 2k17 really let me down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm a fan of 2k17 and have been playing it pretty much every day since it was released. It obviously has so flaws, but as an offline guy, I've really enjoyed it this year.

For 2k18 I would be fine if there were no news modes or additions and instead they focused on correcting or tweaking legacy issues. Gameplay issues like loose ball always seemingly going to the cpu and big's easily being able to stay in front of guards, etc. And for MyLeague things like trade logic and team building need complete overhauls. I know that every year they say that this has been tweaked and every year I end up having to save the cpu's ai for killing itself.

Those are just two examples. I can name more, but I'll just leave it at that and say that my wish is that they prefect what they have before moving on.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »