Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf395
How many breakouts are needed for the collection?
You need 15 Breakouts for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Yup, I'm about level 60 gold, for all the good that does me.

I honestly thought the programs were going to be like the Griffey one, so we'd start with Rookie Chris Archer and if we did all the missions we'd get the Diamond Chris Archer, then the same for Chipper and now Drabek. Instead you have to jump through a lot of hoops for a card that's essentially worthless. Just seems like a missed opportunity
The Griffey one is a monster Program to be sure, and I think some people will end up disliking it for that reason since it involves every aspect of DD and an insane time commitment. I enjoy the missions in and of themselves, but it's perfectly understandable peeps would want more out of the final reward if the thrill of getting the card itself isn't enough. If I thought that Rookie Chipper was the only Chipper that would end up being released, I honestly think that would be enough for me as well. But since I expect a better version to come out etc. it dampens that aspect. Just something unique about the final reward would be nice -- it doesn't HAVE to be an amazing player, but just something "cool" whatever that may be.

I suspect this is something they'll get better at moving forward, as I think it's hard to argue what they added hasn't in theory made DD more fun and worth more time, it's just the reward structure/missions could use some fine tuning, plus even more of an investment in throwback players to add to the uniqueness. I suspect unlike the NBA, it's a bit harder to wrangle these individual players, while legends contracts in NBA seem much easier to grab in terms of grabbing bushels of old players under one umbrella.

PS, how do you get that Diamond Archer anyway? Is it a Battle Royale reward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
Is this program worth 3% in the dynasty program? If so that's about the only reason I'm doing it. I'm 3% away from Lou Brock right now.
Yes, it is worth exactly 3 percent.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

PS, how do you get that Diamond Archer anyway?

It was one of the diamond starter rewards. Only way you can get it as of now.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

To me, it just feels like unlocking the Rookie card should unlock the player epic to get the best version of that card. Rookie Archer should help me get that Diamond Archer, but instead I imagine that will be released much later in the year as a Battle Royale bonus, which I hate btw.

No idea why they give so much special treatment to that cesspit of a mode tbh, where good players have to fight against the worst of the cheats and exploiters as it's the only way to get a lot of the games best cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
It was one of the diamond starter rewards. Only way you can get it as of now.
Oh okay, and the Diamond starter reward was via a pre-order, right? Like the highest one?
Old 05-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #13
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
To me, it just feels like unlocking the Rookie card should unlock the player epic to get the best version of that card. Rookie Archer should help me get that Diamond Archer, but instead I imagine that will be released much later in the year as a Battle Royale bonus, which I hate btw.

No idea why they give so much special treatment to that cesspit of a mode tbh, where good players have to fight against the worst of the cheats and exploiters as it's the only way to get a lot of the games best cards.

BR would be worlds better if there were a 6 inning option. I get the "fast paced" concept, but being able to finish more games, faster, doesn't make the more worthwhile.

I'd rather play 2 quality games in an hour than 4 games filled with junk. The event from this weekend really made me realize this. The 6 inning games were a nice length IMO.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #14
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
BR would be worlds better if there were a 6 inning option. I get the "fast paced" concept, but being able to finish more games, faster, doesn't make the more worthwhile.

I'd rather play 2 quality games in an hour than 4 games filled with junk. The event from this weekend really made me realize this. The 6 inning games were a nice length IMO.
I think it would be better if it didn't have such large and exclusive rewards to encourage the worst in players tbh. Obviously there always be tools who'll do whatever it takes to win, but by incentivising them so much it only makes it worse. I only played a handful of games of it last year and that put me off playing online all together tbh
Old 05-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
I think it would be better if it didn't have such large and exclusive rewards to encourage the worst in players tbh. Obviously there always be tools who'll do whatever it takes to win, but by incentivising them so much it only makes it worse. I only played a handful of games of it last year and that put me off playing online all together tbh
I think it's both of these things in one. I get the need for big rewards, but mixing that with very short games that push some to do evil things -- or begin to do it after others do it to them -- is a rough combo.

If the frame rate was consistent online like it is off, and the animations worked like they do offline, a lot of this would honestly work itself out. You can do certain things online that you simply can't do offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #16
MVP

Honestly none of the rookie or this program have been hard at all. 15 wins and 75 Sos with breakout pitchers is not hard at all just time consuming.
That's what these missions are for is killing time and earning progress on the dynasty program not so much the reward card. They will also get better as time goes on. I dont want them giving a free 95 plus ovr for something so easy as this or the chipper program.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »