Home

OSFM 1.0 vs. 1.75: Which Contract Setup is Best For you?

This is a discussion on OSFM 1.0 vs. 1.75: Which Contract Setup is Best For you? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OSFM 1.0 vs. 1.75: Which Contract Setup is Best For you?

In this video, Mike Lowe takes a look at which contract setup in OSFM's 1.0 vs. 1.75 rosters is the right one for you. Mike discusses the merits of each and in the lengthy discussion really hits on several topics that will help you figure out which contract setup is the best for you...until the new version of OSFM arrives that is.

Be sure to Subscribe to Operation Sports on YouTube.

Also, be sure to check out the OSFM rosters if you haven't already on the Operation Sports Forums.
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 1.0 vs. 1.75: Which Contract Setup is Best For you?

Thank you, Chris. One suggestion: in the future, consider putting the big takeaway at the beginning of the video for people who might not have time to watch the full video. Especially when the ultimate conclusion is that there is no good answer.

The biggest takeaway is at 46:30:

It's not about the contracts or the rosters. This is a game, and it's about having fun.

In my view, the worst thing we did as baseball fans is try to make these games authentic to MLB. I remember when games didn't even have real rosters or put much of any time into realistic details. I wanted realism, so playing with fictional players or unrealistic simming was annoying. That is, until I gave up on realism and learned to enjoy the game for the game.

I agree with Chris: maybe we're better off not getting so worked up over making the game as realistic as possible. Because of the way the game simulates, we're better off saving ourselves the headache and just play how we want.

What I'm currently doing is making a completely fictional roster where every player has 99 speed, 99 power, 99 potential, and 99 durability. Everything else is 0. Pitchers get 99 movement and 99 potential. Yeah, maybe it's stupid, but I'm going to have a lot of fun simming through. Imagine the 2nd year when new players come in with much higher ratings for contact, fielding, velocity, stamina, and so on. That first year players will be considered unicorns 10-15 years in when they're still around with ridiculous speed and power (and who knows what other inflated ratings they acquired thanks to their 99 potentials), but they'll also still be frustrating if their fielding hardly improved beyond 0.

I'm finally excited to play again. Forget MLB - it's not something this game (or other games for that matter) can realistically simulate. There will always be more and new glaring issues.

Last edited by BillPeener; 04-22-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
real contracts for me, please.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

The biggest issue with real contracts is with the way budgets are set, you can't trade big money players. Honestly that's really a problem with budgets but for now that's what we have
Old 04-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Not being able to eat a portion of the contract when trading away players really hurts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't understand why 1.5 is left out of this argument. 1.0 is real contracts. 1.5 was default contracts. 1.75 was contracts adjusted to lower than default. So why are we comparing 1.0 to 1.75, when 1.5 was contracts matching the default SCEA contracts?
Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
I agree that it would help some to have the ability to offset part of a hefty contract. At the same time, I don't think it's rare to see the game not being able to trade high-priced players. That's what happens in real life--no one wants those guys! (ie Josh Hamilton, for example).
Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I don't understand why 1.5 is left out of this argument. 1.0 is real contracts. 1.5 was default contracts. 1.75 was contracts adjusted to lower than default. So why are we comparing 1.0 to 1.75, when 1.5 was contracts matching the default SCEA contracts?
cuz 1.75 has the real years

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »