Home

Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017

This is a discussion on Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017

Slightly Mad Studios has released their Project CARS 2 announcement trailer, scheduled to arrive in late 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) with VR support.

The game features over 170 cars and more than 60 tracks with varying terrains and motorsports, tested and approved by world-class drivers, and featuring more iconic cars from the world’s most elite brands.

Read the full press release below.

BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. TAKES GAMERS TO THE TRACK FOR THE MOST AUTHENTIC MOTORSPORTS RACING EXPERIENCE EVER CREATED IN PROJECT CARSTM 2

Slightly Mad Studios to Deliver the Ultimate Driver Journey to Virtual Racing Drivers in the Americas

Leading interactive entertainment company BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., and Slightly Mad Studios, today announced their publishing partnership to bring Project CARS™ 2 to the Americas for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM® in late 2017. Project CARS 2 features an expanded roster of over 170 cars and 60+ tracks, brand-new fan-requested Online Championships game mode, and additional racing disciplines – including ice, dirt, snow, and mud racing – over its critically acclaimed, ground-breaking predecessor (Project CARS™). All of this racing action can be presented at up to 12K* resolution graphics (PC) with VR support, making Project CARS 2 the most immersive and technically advanced racing simulation experience.

Created by gamers and fine-tuned by professional racing drivers, Project CARS 2 delivers an unparalleled racing experience to players of all skill levels. To achieve this goal, Project CARS 2 utilizes leading-edge visuals, precise car physics, and realistic A.I. designed to mimic a competitive driver’s heart and mind that is sure to challenge players. The use of Slightly Mad Studios’ proprietary LIVETRACK 3.0 technology enables the development team to create dynamic real-time weather & seasonal effects, track surface conditions & time-of-day changes, and implement advanced tire grip/wear physics into the Project CARS 2 gameplay. By combining these features with the highest performance driving machines in the world, Project CARS 2 will enable players to live-out their dreams of being a racecar driver.

“Project CARS 2’s authentic presentation of motorsports racing isn’t just cutting edge, it surpasses the cutting edge,” says Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “No other driving game or racing title can approach Project CARS 2’s level of visual fidelity, real-world physics, and intelligent driver A.I. These features combined with dynamic weather and track effects, refined controls, and an authentic love of competitive eSports guarantees players will be able to live-out their racing aspirations on multiple gaming platforms.”

“We’re thrilled to pull off the covers on our publishing partnership with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and finally share more details on our latest build with Project CARS 2.” said Stephen Viljoen, Game Director for Project CARS 2. “Our collective goal at Slightly Mad Studios is to create a simulation racing experience that rivals that of real-life. Realism and authenticity are central to our development mantra for Project CARS 2, hence we’re making sure we employ the best professional drivers, game developers, artists, and sound engineers to realize our vision for a game that takes players on the ultimate driver journey.”

Project CARS 2 is currently rated “RP” for Rating Pending by the ESRB. Project CARS 2 will be available in the Americas for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM® in late 2017.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm in.....just seen clips of Daytona International Speedway. 24hrs of Daytona will be my first race :-)
Old 04-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017

theyre adding 6 rallycross tracks and have actual rally cross cars

I think a King has been born....
Old 04-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017

Now watch it again and note how the trees respond to the weather they put so much emphasis on...
Old 04-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Has there been any information regarding stock car racing in PC2?

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Looks great, hopefully this time it won't take a month to be able to get a car that doesn't control like its on ice like the first one did, LOL
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Looks great, hopefully this time it won't take a month to be able to get a car that doesn't control like its on ice like the first one did, LOL
Bingo.

Let's hope Project Cars 2 is a finished product at release, unlike Project Cars. It took multiple patches over a few months for that game to sparkle, especially on Xbox One.

Like ODogg, I also hope the console versions are tweaked to better accommodate controllers. This game was made for a wheel on all platforms, and it took an inordinate amount of controller tweaking on the Xbox One to get good, consistent control.

Let's also hope developers Slighty Mad listen to the community with a bit more humility, too. Ian Bell and his crew might be the most arrogant development team of racing games on Earth.

Patches flew out of their studios almost weekly last year while Bell and his minions insisted anyone who pointed out the numerous flaws of the release version of Project Cars was an imbecile. I was banned from the SMS Project Cars forum because I politely pinpointed a number of flaws in the Xbox One version that were subsequently fixed with patches. I wasn't alone in this, either.

Bell is a brilliant developer, but he has the PR and customer service skills of an angry, hungry pit bull. A real knob.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »