Home

Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

This is a discussion on Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

The issue with games not counting is like having your saved game deleted. It's infuriating in the context of video games, which means it's just a first world problem.

No communication is just the cherry on top.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
This is the first year I've tried to play DD, it's absolutely a pain to try and play.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was finally able to complete a daily mission for stealing a base with a player under 75 speed in a DD game. But of course the game got lost in the queue and I have to keep teying.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:34 PM   #20
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I wish more reviewers and such would speak out about this so that SDS would be more inclined to do something to fix this.

IGN giving it a 9.5 for instance without even really mentioning online play just seems like a cruel joke.

No other game this laggy would get a free pass.

Hate to say it, but MLB 2K had better netcode 7 years ago. The Show hasn't even come close to that level of smoothness.

As I said in another thread, I have friends who would buy this game, but they only play online so I tell them not to bother, which sucks because the singleplayer is so amazing.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-13-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #21
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMoon2
IMO it is pretty sad that a AAA sports title (that is only on one system) continues to have server issues. To make matters worse Online Franchise is awful (did anyone write about Online Franchise). If I want to start up a madden franchise I: open it up, select a roster, pick a team, go through setting, and invite users -- Boom! it is ready to go; No activation that takes 48 hrs, nor simming that stays in queue for 72 hours. Granted, Madden has 32 teams with 50 something athletes, MLB also has AAA, AA, and A.

It is not that I am running some super competitive online league with 20 people. I have a total of 4 people in mine, they are my brothers, it is a way for us (who are living all over the world) to connect. The experience has been pretty disappointing.

Overall the online experience is poor at best, and truly hampers a game that plays well and looks beautiful.

Note to SCEA: Be more concerned with servers than jersey stitching.
Right there with you in regards to Online Franchise. Just me and 3 of my buddies, who look forward to the show every year. We are all in the same division and compete in game, draft, free agency etc.. and its atrocious right now.

Having AAA,AA,A shouldnt effect the simming at all since they dont play games anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »