Home

Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

This is a discussion on Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

Off line play is awesome, with the very notable exception of the CPU pulling pitchers in the 4th or 5th in 95% of the games with quick counts on. Doesn't happen playing full counts, but there are some of us who never play that way.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
Just started!

My issue is that some of the missions seem impossible to complete. It seems like I will never be able to get 4 hits with griffy in an online game. If someone is losing, they quit by the 4th inning. They need to make it where you can finish against the CPU if the opponent quits or disconnects.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #11
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
I want whatever servers these guys are playing on, because I would love to be able to finish a game, even if it was filled with lag, rather than have all my games either freeze or go to the queue upon me finishing them, sometimes both.

I hate to do this, but had a game like Madden (which people will go out of their way to bash) come out with these game breaking flaws in online play, there would be a story on it every day here on OS. As far as I can see this is the first time you have even addressed it on here, and the writers seem to be underselling how bad the flaws are right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorprice07
My issue is that some of the missions seem impossible to complete. It seems like I will never be able to get 4 hits with griffy in an online game. If someone is losing, they quit by the 4th inning. They need to make it where you can finish against the CPU if the opponent quits or disconnects.
I remember some old Maddens doing this. If the opponent quits, it gets replaced by AI on Rookie. Then after you wallop the AI, the final score gets charged to the quitter and kills their ratings.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #13
Rookie

shaikio's Arena

OVR: 2
Most of my DD online issues have seemed to have disappeared in the past 4-5 days. I was having the same issues as everyone for the first week or so past launch, but since about last Sunday the game has been as playable in DD online as it was for me last year. I haven't had a game freeze or not count in the standings, and I think I've only have one that had to go into the queue. I do still see a few warp flyballs still though, but the lag with pitching and hitting seems to have all but disappeared for me.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #14
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Really? Improved? Honestly how can anyone say that. It's just not true. The online has been worse this year, and it's not even close.

Sure game play significantly improved. As did the other online modes, but in actual online play it's been horrible. SDS should be ashamed of there online product right now. Phenomenal game when it's working. But nobody should accept this.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #15
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Really? Improved? Honestly how can anyone say that. It's just not true. The online has been worse this year, and it's not even close.

Sure game play significantly improved. As did the other online modes, but in actual online play it's been horrible. SDS should be ashamed of there online product right now. Phenomenal game when it's working. But nobody should accept this.
already seen several games freeze first thing this AM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Rookie

OtherMoon2's Arena

OVR: 1
IMO it is pretty sad that a AAA sports title (that is only on one system) continues to have server issues. To make matters worse Online Franchise is awful (did anyone write about Online Franchise). If I want to start up a madden franchise I: open it up, select a roster, pick a team, go through setting, and invite users -- Boom! it is ready to go; No activation that takes 48 hrs, nor simming that stays in queue for 72 hours. Granted, Madden has 32 teams with 50 something athletes, MLB also has AAA, AA, and A.

It is not that I am running some super competitive online league with 20 people. I have a total of 4 people in mine, they are my brothers, it is a way for us (who are living all over the world) to connect. The experience has been pretty disappointing.

Overall the online experience is poor at best, and truly hampers a game that plays well and looks beautiful.

Note to SCEA: Be more concerned with servers than jersey stitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »