Home

Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

This is a discussion on Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

MLB The Show 17 has had another rather rocky rollout to their online gaming experience this year. Our MLB The Show Online Forums are full of reports of different modes not working well (or at all) for some users.

In short, the rollout has been rather rocky with several social media posts turning towards the nasty side as well. However, things have improved quite a bit according to some users, but some persistent issues remain. How big are they? To answer that we asked some OS writers what their experiences have been, check out their thoughts on the online side of MLB The Show 17 after the jump!

Read More - Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
From what I've seen, just about every pitch online looks hitchy/laggy. As far as lag and smoothness goes, MLB 2K10-11 was still the smoothest online MLB game I've seen. Why The Show has had inferior netcode is a real head-scratcher, since everything else about this game is so solid.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-12-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Roundtable: MLB The Show 17's Online Rollout Rocky, But How Are Things Now?

the online freezing is past rediculous. Year after year after year after year. It's really disgusting at this point
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
The OS minor league roster sealed the deal for me..............just going to be playing the cpu for a while. Hardly ever can complete a 9 inning game online.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:20 AM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
From what I've seen, just about every pitch online looks hitchy/laggy. As far as lag and smoothness goes, MLB 2K10-11 was still the smoothest online MLB game I've seen. Why The Show has had inferior netcode is a real head-scratcher, since everything else about this game is so solid.
So it's not just me, then.
I thought it was my comparatively-slow DSL connection.
Glad to know it's not that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
People really walk on egg shells around here when it comes to describing MLB The Show's online play. Frankly, it's not fun and borderline not playable. Before the patch I tried two 9 inning games and had multiple issues, runners freezing at home, fielders still making slow animations to throw out runners, pitches jumping, and then both games froze and had to be disconnected. I started trying BR and event games only to have many go to the que and never get wins, or games disconnected and took a loss. Not to mention the base running lag and other issues. Personally, I have given up on online play (which is all I've played the last two years on the show) and am playing about 2 offline games a week or RTTS. To have spent full price on a game that the biggest marketing point for it and most of the development time seems to go into (online/DD modes) these again are not fun because of issues or unplayable due to connection errors and server problems. I've mostly seen from people that many issues still persist after the patch, so I'm not wasting my time with it. Let's call it what it really is this year, a HUGE disappointment.
On a side note, congrats for strictly offline gamers, it's perfectly smooth, so those who play that way, don't jump on this.

Last edited by theu715; 04-13-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Played one event game first day. Won and registered as a win despite all the lag and hitching, my guess is the other guy had it worse.
Haven't touched online since because of all that.

So, last night, I decided to play ond more event game before it closes. New patch and all, figured it had improved. Oh, was I wrong.
The game was barely playable, pitches appearing on home plate out of thin air, every swing was hitchy, every ball contact resulted in a one second freeze. Runners tagged out by fielders 20 yards away, outfielders waiting for a flyout that lands 10 feet behind them...
It was a complete crapshow of a 0-0 game through six, when I managed to bit a single, steal, and sacrifice home. Game over. Win....... Queue...... Nothing, no win, no stats, nothing.

Last online game for me this year. Waste of time. Screw the missions and player rewards, it will never happen anyway with stats being wiped out randomly.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

ph33's Arena

The online is absolutely atrocious.

I have had so many Battle Royale wins that either never count, OR I am given the loss instead.

And when I actually lose, it gets recorded 100% of the time.

I emailed them very politely the first time I won a game but was given a loss. You know what their response was?

"sorry about that. As a one time goodwill gesture, we will refund your Battle Royale entry"

Seriously? I should be grateful that I got a battle Royale refund (1500 stubs is NOTHING to them) even though it is THEIR fault? And I should not expect this favor from them again even though I'm paying stubs to enter? In addition to that, the difference between 12-0 and 12-1 is huge. I didn't even really make demands from them, but the tone of that email pissed me off.

And the false loss was given to me again a few days later, this time when I should have been 9-0, much bigger stakes, so I messaged again. No reply whatsoever. And trust me, I keep my cool in the emails. I know excess anger gets nowhere.

I really didn't want to pre order the game this year knowing this was possible. So I got it digitally cause my ps4 is having issues with randomly ejecting discs. But I'm never getting this pre order again, they don't deserve all the support I have given them through the years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »