Home

R.B.I. Baseball 17: Remarkably Less to Offer Than Before

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 17: Remarkably Less to Offer Than Before within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #17
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 17: Remarkably Less to Offer Than Before

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Been playing the iOS 17' version for the past week (never tried 16'), and truthfully, quite a few of the animations (this is not the same as graphics) are better than MLB the Show. Yes, I am serious because I was actually shockingly amazed and impressed.

This is especially true when it comes to the outfielder's animations. RBI's outfielder's charging the ball, their gather steps, finding their footing when fielding the ball, their footwork when charging the ball, gathering their footsteps near the wall, gathering their footsteps tracking the ball, outfielder's throwing motion, running motion, proper small crow hops allowing the fielder to throw the ball a farther distance, taking small steps fielding front bloopers, transition animations from fielding to throwing the ball back towards the infield is incredibly beautiful. How the outfielder's upper body twist, leans, angles with respect to the lower body, and throwing motion was pretty impressive.

Another thing that was a very pleasant surprise was the way fielding errors were handled. They felt and looked much more organic than how they're handled in MLB the Show. When the fielder botches the ball, one is still quickly able to maneuver the player to field the ball without a sort of force field so to speak. It's not just about the speed at which the user is able to control the situation with the controller, but the way the "animation" plays out looks much more real. The recovery footwork, and how the body twist and moves, and how the player throws the ball is simply beautiful.

Pitching animation also has a better speed to their motions/movement. Some of the pitchers actually tuck their glove side arm toward their bodies in RBI. The speed of the arm whip works very well.

These are the top three things that stick out because I am still seeing the same legacy concern with MLB the Show in their fielder's throwing animation, pitching animation, and finding the ball when the fielder botches the ball.
This is true of 16. One of the reasons I liked it. Animations are well-done for a low budget effort.

And I've had long time issues with the legacy throwing animations of the Show. Animations were barely a concern of mine with RBI 16.

I would love to see more stances and signature motions. But I know that's not so simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #18
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 17: Remarkably Less to Offer Than Before

if this had a behind the back pitching view id be in baseball heaven

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »