Home

A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...

This is a discussion on A New Era Beginning Soon at OS... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
as a long time member, and albeit old school, turning 50 in 2 months...will the forums be the same way? As much as your articles, which I love, i do come to learn about sliders, rosters, players' views...bugs etc. and then make my purchasing decision based on what I've learned... also, sadly i agree, not a fan of video or podcasts... i like to quietly read and digest for myself...but such is life.
This is the only place I come for my video sports info
Old 03-31-2017, 11:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Nooooo! Please don't take my number ratings.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've been thinking over the last year or so that games need evolving scores, not only is it fair to the consumers but fair to games that improve over time. I'd hope you guys reconsider that as an option, I don't think people would be so confused.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #20
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Congrats OS! I have been with you guys since 2008 and this is one site, I visit consistently almost every single day.

However, I'm old school and I like my numbered reviews. I know several sites have gotten rid of them but mentally I keep translating what I read to a "7" or a "9".

Nevertheless, this his home and we are in this together!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:32 AM   #21
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

OVR: 0
I think change can be good for OS, but I'm not sure this is the way to go guys.

First off, the logo looks clean and simple. That's fine.
I did find the article concept added below looked messy and lacked the clean simplicity the new logo articulates. Its a bit jarring to be honest.

The change in how people see the website is a real concern, and I use my own phone now to watch more OS news more than before. And it has not been very optimized for my phones.
So I get the need for a change in the way things are being written and seen, but don't loose the depth of what you have made already.

E-sports: I know its a growing sphere, but this is covered quite well on a lot of gaming sites already. I think it makes very little sense to jump on this bandwagon guys. Stick to traditional sports.

Let me be clear: I don't think there is anything wrong with e-sports or the audience for it. Or the fact that its growing. The "scene" has been developing for years now. The two big gaming sites in my country are already covering e-sports in depth. International sites are already doing the same thing.
Sports games have gotten less attention in gaming sites, because they are often yearly iterations of themselves. The market is owned by one or two major developers for quite some time. So there is little news in it for standard gaming sites besides telling me there is a fifa tournament going on (often e-sports related), and of course the yearly reviews of said annual games.

So there is little original writing or takes on traditional sports games as is, im concerned this move will move this away even further.
OS gives depth to this and a lot of inside knowledge. I doubt this will disappear, but I think the move into e-sports is very mainstream. I hope this will not take away from what you have built here for years.

Overall I will say I understand the need to do this but I have to say at this point Im am more of a skeptic than a supporter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #22
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...

I just logged on today, was gone all day yesterday and thought this was a really subtle April fool's joke.

I feel like a fool looking at the post time now.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
I hope this new era includes less sensitivity from the moderators. i've been on here for a decade now, and only get on here a few months out of the year honestly - but in that small amount of time i see more locked threads and banned users for very small infractions. Loosen up a bit fellas.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Happy to see a more mobile-friendly site for those who browse that way. I almost never access OS that way, but I'm in the minority there by a long shot, so I'm happy the majority gets a site tuneup that will help them enjoy OS on the go.

I'm not at all interested in e-sports getting any attention on OS. I tend to think that while e-sports can be fun for some and are certainly lucrative for developers, they tend not to conduce to the improvement of sports gaming for sim gamers. If OS is deliberating on what to do with e-sports on the site, and if a fuller commitment to coverage of that area is not already a fait accompli here at OS, I'd throw in my .02 in the form of a plea to keep that stuff out of here.

But again, I'm happy for the mobile upgrade, and I'm happy for the increased video content for those who want to see OS writers and other staff in that medium.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »