Home

NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #17
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0
Trade logic needs to be completely overhauled and should also include a "force trade" option available if users want to make real-life trades in their GM modes.

All leagues available in GM mode

Hire/fire coaches

Sandbox-style GM modes that let us more easily edit league settings (season length, playoff format, ect), rebrand teams, ect. Basically just do what 2K does for NBA 2K

Drop NHL on NBC presentation in favor of generic EA sports presentation (that's well done, obviously)

Seriously, finally, please add bilingual announcers in Montreal and French-only in Quebec City and in applicable rinks throughout the Q

And obviously customizable music and rosters and roster sharing
Old 03-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #18
Rookie

I would love to see gameface added into the game
Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #19
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Offline Franchise

* Completely editable and playable. I would like the ability to play every game in my franchise, not only my user team and edit every player in the league. I also would like the opportunity to run a 31 league franchise with the ability to expand the league. Pretty much combine season mode with franchise mode.

* Ticker - in-game on/off users choice and main hub. For in-game it's useful for real-time scores around your franchise especially for bubble playoff teams.

* Start Today Feature for Franchise mode

* Fake or real coaches pool with editable traits/strategies.

* Fake or real GM's pool with editable traits.

* Presentation Screen For Trade Deadline Day - This screen should have an editable clock that you can set it for 20,40, 1hr or OFF. The running clock gives you the added feeling of pressure of making the deal or staying put. The 'Trade Deadline Day' screen should have a ticker for rumors, trades completed, trade block players, standings, etc. When big trades are completed there should be a notification with a "sportscenter" type of jingle..da-na-na da-na-na. You should also be able to access your roster,players in the system,trade block screen, and trade screen from this hub.

* Trade logic - Trades should not be accepted or denied every time on the spot. Teams should be able to mull over a trade request that falls into certain scenarios, for example there are multiple bidders/deals from other teams, or the value in return is slightly in-adequate meaning there is room for negotiation and you aren't hit with a straight up no. This gives the ability for players to play themselves out of a trade if they play well or into a trade. Some trades take weeks of negotiating, with certain factors such as team standings and player performance to push a team to pull the trigger. I would like a screen or email type of screen for "on-going" negotiations.
100% agreed upon..

Also add

Players holdout or demand trades
more realistic injuries - Career ending injuries
BLOOD!!!!!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #20
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
100% agreed upon..

Also add

Players holdout or demand trades
more realistic injuries - Career ending injuries
BLOOD!!!!!
Career ending injuries might be one people would want a slider or on/off switch for.

Given how random the game's injuries already are, I don't know that I would want Tarasenko getting injured because the AI just plows through everyone when they shoot the puck.

Also, I don't think blood will ever make it in. It adds little to the game, but costs them pretty big when it comes to the game's rating, and how it can be sold overseas.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2

I play mostly offline franchise, so I'll limit my wishes to this area.

1. CPU need to call timeouts when appropriate. I'm not sure why this has never been put into the game, but it really can't be that difficult, can it? I mean, even it's just a basic scenario of the cpu being down by a goal with under two minutes in the game, and there is a stoppage, just let the cpu call a timeout and put their best line out there.

2. Home team should get the choice to shoot first or last in a shootout. Again, it's a pretty basic NHL rule, but for some reason it's not in the game. 2K had this option years ago and makes it for a much more realistic experience.

3. Trade negotiations and free agent signings need to be overhauled. I would suggest taking a look at 2K8 as a great example of how to do this. No more simply meeting a player's demands, lets have a real negotiation where both sides give and take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #22
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch pale gang
I play mostly offline franchise, so I'll limit my wishes to this area.

1. CPU need to call timeouts when appropriate. I'm not sure why this has never been put into the game, but it really can't be that difficult, can it? I mean, even it's just a basic scenario of the cpu being down by a goal with under two minutes in the game, and there is a stoppage, just let the cpu call a timeout and put their best line out there.

2. Home team should get the choice to shoot first or last in a shootout. Again, it's a pretty basic NHL rule, but for some reason it's not in the game. 2K had this option years ago and makes it for a much more realistic experience.

3. Trade negotiations and free agent signings need to be overhauled. I would suggest taking a look at 2K8 as a great example of how to do this. No more simply meeting a player's demands, lets have a real negotiation where both sides give and take.
Some pretty solid ideas. The AI management of their players is just weird in general. The 3 on 3 OT lines just seem like the developers went "Oh yeah, forgot about that!" and quickly tossed something in there.

The Blues by default have (If I remember right)

Stastny - Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Lehtera - Gunnarsson - Parayko
Brodziak - Edmundson - Bortuzzo

The AI is set to have 2 defenders, so the game automatically places in two defenders, and then instead of using my 3rd line Center, uses Kyle Brodziak. This isn't a huge deal for me, since I can set my lineups...but the issue is with the AI teams, as they're leaving snipers on the bench, and putting out two defenders for no reason. On the same note (and it applies to every other part of the game) the on-ice AI doesn't really seem to know what to do in 3 on 3. Maybe they didn't get enough time, but the AI just seem lost, and spread so far apart. Equally frustrating is making it to the shootout, and having to see defenders like Gunny shooting after the 5th shooter, because I can't pick that far, and the AI just seems to randomly pick players.
Same goes for injuries and penalties. I don't know why Ryan Reaves is subbing in for Alex Pietrangelo when Pietrangelo is in the box on a penalty...but it makes no sense.

I notice the AI has the same issue when they're down a goal. If you're down by 1 goal, with 3 minutes left, your 4th line probably isn't even seeing the ice. Instead in EA's NHL, 4th liners are out there eating up 2 minutes as their timeout goes unused, and their snipers sit on the bench doing nothing.

I really hope the next version has some more intelligent on-ice AI managing and players. As it stands now, it seems like the AI just intends to start and finish the game. Their goalies get left out for 5 goals against (I scored 4 in the first period once, and the goalie never got pulled. Finished the game 7-3 with the same goalies).

As for the free agents, I agree, a little more interaction would be great. I had a season with Carolina, and got them to the Eastern Conference finals, before getting knocked out. I was trying to get Tyler Johnson to sign, and it was between Winnipeg and us. Winnipeg finished dead last in the NHL, and yet Johnson signed with them saying "He wanted to go to a team that's going to be winning soon".

It would be nice to have agents you could talk to for players, and say you're interested, get their interest back, and then make an offer that they counter, with how much extra you throw in depending on how badly they want to play for you. If you're the only person interested in a player, and they're interested in you, it should mostly be looking at how long, and how much (which would be awesome to have affected by the player's age, skill, and what other Free Agents and similar players are making).

If you're up against 3 teams, and you're a smaller team, maybe you have to offer more money, or goal incentives, or a Non-Movement Clause...

Last edited by actionhank; 03-27-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Reckless559's Arena

Being able to do an expansion draft would be awesome where u can design ur own jersey arena and upload your own logos i loved using expansion mode in NBA 2k17 the ability to build your expansion team thru the draft:P
Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #24
Rookie

The majority of us are offline/pre online players
Annual buyers...we even buy Consoles just to play NHL
Obviously we'd love a pc version again
But most of our wishlist revolves around former NHL modes/options/settings .
Nobody complains about the graphics and game play. It's amazing how far it's evolved .
Basic things were looking for are ;
1) contract extensions anytime
2) coaching/scouting/management (hiring/firing for improving or shakeups)
3) roster sharing (As relocation was in madden before NHL)
this feature is a blockbuster waiting to happen
4) Decades Era/Legend Rosters
Like you had for Montreal anniversary and also the 2 legend teams previously
WE'RE dying to play franchise mode with Retro Rosters ..or just exhibition with our childhood heros
Imagine all 30 Teams with their franchise icons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »