Home

All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

Mike Lowe checks in again with a look at the Top Five Diamond Dynasty Teams in MLB The Show 16. To Mike at least, the rosters of the Top Five Diamond Dynasty Teams all look a little 'too' similar.

If you can't see the video above, click here to view it.

Also be sure to Subscribe to the Official Operation Sports YouTube channel here.

Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
They should probably put more work and time into other modes such as Online Franchise (not holding my breathe) and consistent gameplay improvements online. DD and Battle Royal just feel like two types of game play. First, players who are top quality players who get high end cards (as you mentioned) and just rake. Second, players who are decent that look for exploits to try and just get wins (bunting, stealing, taking bases on slow game animations, etc.). Most people will never be the elite level players, so these modes have no appeal at all. Online Franchise provides much more even playing fields, especially when you get in a great league, like some of the ones we have on here. Building teams with real players, budgeting salary caps, drafting fake players, and developing real (created) rookie talent is leaps and bounds ahead of DD/card modes in my opinion.
The only real way to make DD teams look different is to make there be a budget system to the quality of players you can use on a team. For instance, Prime Tulo costs 3k points and you only get 20k points to work with in piking players. You could even tighten it up and make it a certain amount to spend for starters, relievers, and position players.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Mike Lowe checks in again with a look at the Top Five Diamond Dynasty Teams in MLB The Show 16. To Mike at least, the rosters of the Top Five Diamond Dynasty Teams all look a little 'too' similar.

If you can't see the video above, click here to view it.

Also be sure to Subscribe to the Official Operation Sports YouTube channel here.

The rosters actually had alot more variety during the season since IE was still applicable. Granted now you do see alot of the same especially since SDS basically gave up the best cards for free to keep people interested during the winter.

They basically need a salary cap mode along with regular DD with separate leaderboards and incentives for both. I am the 2nd team you looked at and I have not played in 4-5 months. Theres nothing to play for.

Battle Royale has alot of potential too if they balance that out and add leaderboards and more incentives.

I also agree with you for online rated. I prefer playing that because its real baseball and much more challenging to hit and manage your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Old 01-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
They should probably put more work and time into other modes such as Online Franchise (not holding my breathe) and consistent gameplay improvements online. DD and Battle Royal just feel like two types of game play. First, players who are top quality players who get high end cards (as you mentioned) and just rake. Second, players who are decent that look for exploits to try and just get wins (bunting, stealing, taking bases on slow game animations, etc.). Most people will never be the elite level players, so these modes have no appeal at all. Online Franchise provides much more even playing fields, especially when you get in a great league, like some of the ones we have on here. Building teams with real players, budgeting salary caps, drafting fake players, and developing real (created) rookie talent is leaps and bounds ahead of DD/card modes in my opinion.
The only real way to make DD teams look different is to make there be a budget system to the quality of players you can use on a team. For instance, Prime Tulo costs 3k points and you only get 20k points to work with in piking players. You could even tighten it up and make it a certain amount to spend for starters, relievers, and position players.
*picking players. Before I am berated for grammar.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

The new missions and Captains is a step in the right direction but if I were ranked that high I wouldn't really have any incentive to do any missions. But, it is an ultimate mode.

This video prompted me to go purchase Mauer. I had him before but didn't like all the wild pitches. Thinking of putting a defensive replacement when things start to get hairy. I have a feeling this will backfire once again cause I'm not the greatest at pitching.

It's awesome that the game allows you to work toward the freedom of being able to go out and get any player you want. I haven't spent any real money. The majority of my stubs have been earned in the marketplace.

Oh yea. Great video but I had to look up what EASHL was. I had an idea it probably had to do with hockey but not sure if it's the same thing as HUT.

Last edited by baseballsim; 01-23-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: EASHL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
Most people will never be the elite level players, so these modes have no appeal at all..
Not following your logic here.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
They have to add a lot more legends/retired players, but I guess that wouldn't work either. I'm the type of player to choose a favorite player over a better player for DD but I'm assuming most plyers don't. Oh well. This is why DD's whatever, and they need to focus on Franchise (offline and online) and RTTS anyways.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
They have to add a lot more legends/retired players, but I guess that wouldn't work either. I'm the type of player to choose a favorite player over a better player for DD but I'm assuming most plyers don't. Oh well. This is why DD's whatever, and they need to focus on Franchise (offline and online) and RTTS anyways.
They have 60+ legends and tons of flashbacks, so that is a step in the right direction.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »