Home

Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #65
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

I am also enjoying PTM. My only gripe is that the Sim engine in general, PTM or full Sim has awful defense on both sides of the ball. Games are consistently 30+ - 30+ scores which rarely happens IRL. That said, I still have fun with PTM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used it for a season in my Dolphin's CFM. It was the second season and we went 6-10. Tannehill went down and Matt Moore had over 1,300 yards, 16 touch downs, and 6 interceptions in the final 5 games with a 3-2 record. Sucks I didn't have the cap space to resign him. Tannehill has been boring I guess you can call it. He turns the ball over way too much and I want to get rid of him. But I'm in my 4th season and still can't find a worthy replacement in the free agency or the draft. There were a couple seasons with a good QB in the free agency but I didn't have the cap space and QB isn't really the focus right now in consuming a draft pick for. I think I just drafted 2 solid corners this past off season. One was a 5th round pick but he has superstar development.

It was alright. There's only really 2 complaints.

1) The play calling. I like that it actually averages around 120-140 plays a game (I'm using 11 minute, 20 play clock), but the play calling sucks. No matter what team I play against or what scheme/playbook I use for myself, it's always around 50/50. Having the Saints put up 34 rushing attempts and only 32 passes against me was weird.

2) The time of possession. I assume if you skip a scenario, it has a higher chance of failing? Because until game 6 or so I skipped all of the defensive moments and they always tended to fail. I was getting blown out of games and the opponent was having upwards to 75% time of possession time and time again.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #67
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I am also enjoying PTM. My only gripe is that the Sim engine in general, PTM or full Sim has awful defense on both sides of the ball. Games are consistently 30+ - 30+ scores which rarely happens IRL. That said, I still have fun with PTM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app
I disagree. I think it truly depends on your team. I had the number one ranked defense in the league, even posting a shut out, and almost always kept teams under 20 points While playing on all madde and using play the moment. But I also have a great defense from top to bottom.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #68
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I disagree. I think it truly depends on your team. I had the number one ranked defense in the league, even posting a shut out, and almost always kept teams under 20 points While playing on all madde and using play the moment. But I also have a great defense from top to bottom.
This for sure. I've finished #1 and #2 the last 2 years. And like you I have a beast defense from top to bottom.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #69
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
As someone mentioned in another thread, fatigue must be set to around 75-80 for more realistic number of carries. Mine is set to that and I typically see accurate run stats
So this truly helps with the carries in PTM? If so I feel dumb because I spent hours trying to figure this out based on subs/player stamina/etc but never touched fatigue (left at 50 because that's what the slider set I use has it at). Stupid me if this works lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-07-2017, 10:28 PM   #70
Rookie

brotherwalter's Arena

It does tend to make the games more exciting. The CPU never plays (usually never) as good as I do. So the games are almost always close. I never had to kick so many last second FGs in my life.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Play the Moment saved Madden for me. Every year I would play one or two seasons until All Pro got too easy. Then Id get frustrated playing All Madden and just quit and sell the game. With play the moment, not only can I get through seasons much faster (the draft is my favorite part of the game anyways), but also the fact that the game relies on sim makes the difficulty level less of a big deal. Im now in 2033, and played the first 13 years on all Pro. I switched to All Madden, and just won the Super Bowl on a last sec play.

I "play the moment" every game except the super bowl. Playing the super bowl, complete game on all madden actually made it feel like a great challenge, which it should, its the super bowl! Winning hat game, on all madden, may have been my favorite madden moment in the past 20 years of buying this game.

I have to give credit to the developers. PTM was so well integrated, and the difficulty levels this year are much better (all pro is a little harder than it used to be and all madden is a little easier, or at least less cheesy). With these changes, Ive played this game this year for more hours than the last five versions combined. This dev team has definitely won me over.
Are all of your games close within 10 points or do you find yoyrself winning some games by 14+? I mostly win all my games close and its because defense seems to blow a 14 point lead easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #72
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

Being 31 with a full time job, wife and 3 kiddos. Play The Moments is fantastic for me. I grew up playing Franchise Mode every year and playing every game. That simply can't be done now, lol. PTM lets me get through seasons at a very decent pace. It's something that needs to be in the game every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »