Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 is Coming to the PS3 and Vita This Spring

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 is Coming to the PS3 and Vita This Spring within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2016, 01:07 AM   #105
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 is Coming to the PS3 and Vita This Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
The new facial scans make the players/managers look amazing and easily match (if not beat) MLB The Show graphics. Gameplay is excellent as per usual and this year I am definitely seeing more foul balls, HBP's, fielding errors and best of all the CPU waiting for a pitch it likes. I'm assuming this is down to the new guess pitch feature for the CPU, along with the CPU managing the game better. Very noticable that the CPU batters seem to get aggressive when behind in a game etc. almost like they are working to set tactics!!
the player models, uniforms, and animations all out do MLB The Show. Also the pitchers really look like they are throwing a 90+mph pitch, unlike MLB The Show where they look like soft tossing a pitch to the plate.

Quote:
The beauty of PYS for me is the ability to make the game as easy or as hard as you want and the lack of scripting this causes, unlike The Show which still feels that you are constrained by the CPU deciding outcomes for you!!
because in PYS it's real bat to ball contact like real life... The Japanese nailed it!

Quote:
Best baseball game on the market bar none and it's no surprise that The Show has 'borrowed' so many things from it!!
best sports game on the market i'd say. True competitive rush.

Quote:
Btw hopefully the new facial scans were done as part of the process of getting the game on the PS4!! Just a pity that there is a lack of Japanese language based games on this console, hence the poor sales of it Japan!! Hurry up, so we can get PYS 2016 on the PS4!!
yeah, all that extra work for it being the last year. It makes no sense business wise. That's why i still believe it's in development for PS4 March 2017.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 12-18-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #106
Rookie

spike83's Arena

Agreed; PYS is hands down the best game I ever played. Superior to The Show as far as game play and physics. Someone on the OS Forum once said that video games never age well. I have PYS 2012 thru 2015 for P3 and they are still all very playable and held up well with time.

It's a fantasy, but I still like to think that 2016 was on hiatus and that 2017 will bring us a PS4 version after a year off for development.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #107
Pro

OVR: 0

Here's hoping for a WBC release this spring.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #108
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
Agreed; PYS is hands down the best game I ever played. Superior to The Show as far as game play and physics. Someone on the OS Forum once said that video games never age well. I have PYS 2012 thru 2015 for P3 and they are still all very playable and held up well with time.

It's a fantasy, but I still like to think that 2016 was on hiatus and that 2017 will bring us a PS4 version after a year off for development.
very true, i have PYS 2012 still, and would enjoy a game today more, than a game of The Show 2016

Last edited by C.J.S.; 12-18-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #109
Rookie

PYS 2012 is underrated I think it is a great game but my favorite is still 2010. The only time I play The Show is when I pop in 2012. The last edition they made before they screwed up the game.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #110
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

The Japanese market is a die hard gaming market, and NPB fans, they are screaming PYS on PS4.....I seen a lot of Japanese playing PP on PS4 sharing and they want PYS too.

Wish i new a Japanese forum on PYS. To get the low down on PYS 2017.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 12-19-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourvision21
PYS 2012 is underrated I think it is a great game but my favorite is still 2010. The only time I play The Show is when I pop in 2012. The last edition they made before they screwed up the game.
Why do you say that the last edition before they screwed up the game is 2012? What's wrong with the later games?

I have 2011 and 2015 and for some reason I can hit **** on 2015. I played one full season in 2011 , middle ball speed, real batting point, hard minus cpu pitching and not only I had realistic batting stats, the hitting felt great and fair.

In 2015 I'm hitting like 15% with the same settings. I feel like I make good contact but no matter what it's always an infield weak hit or a fly out. I even tried lowering the pitch speed to basic to try, it feels like crap , but it's same thing. Can't hit ****. Hitting doesn't feel fair at all to me.

Should I get 2012 then? I'm can't really enjoy 2015 as it is. Or should I keep 2011? Graphics look like crap compared to 2015 though. Is there any improvement between 2011 and 2012 graphics or gameplay wise?

Last edited by topotamolderps; 12-28-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 05:11 PM   #112
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3

I think he was saying The Show went to crap after 2012. As for PYS I wouldn't recommend 2012 unless you like low scoring. The real-life NPB switched to a heavier ball (I think the same weight as an MLB ball) so the game nerfed offensive attributes and CPU pitching was tougher. Things came back around as 2013 was regarded as a better version - with 2014 & 2105 being fine versions as well.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »