Home

How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

Compared to other modes like it (Ultimate Team) it is brilliant tbf. The missions add depth and encourage players to try out different people, inside edge was a great touch as well as it meant anyone could put together an excellent team and it means you have to tinker with your lineup each day and the amount of free stuff you get is excellent. There is plenty to do that keeps it interesting for a lot longer than the other games where you really only keep playing in the vain hope of getting the better players.

I'm not a fan of playing online at all, but I know a lot of people are so I guess you have to cater to both online and offline players and they have made attempts to do that. I quite like Conquest, but another offline mode as well with 9 inning games would be a great addition on top, same for online as well I guess (maybe divisions or seasons with rewards after certain amounts of games/wins) But generally I'm a big fan of their continued attempts to add more depth to the mode without forcing you to spend additional money, long may it continue. (just so long as they don't take their eye off the other offline modes)
Old 12-18-2016, 02:48 PM   #10
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I like how they are able to cater missions to everyone. There are missions for those who are willing to play lower end cards against the CPU and then there are higher end card missions for those who prefer to play H2H only. There are also 'feed' or equipment missions that cater to those who want to work the market.

One aspect I don't like about some of these missions is that folks are playing the game for the sole purpose of accomplishing a mission so they will mindlessly go into a game and just tally up stats by any means possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Nice article. I can see why a lot of people are a fan of these modes. The missions do seem to add more elements to them.

I personally don't play this mode at all. I messed around with the Conquest Mode (think that is what its called), but these modes are just not for me. I don't play online, don't want to play online and just doesn't interest me as a game mode. Sure I go thru and see which cards I have collected, I have even gone so far as to make a line up or two. But that is where my interests dies. For me these modes have absolutely no substance to them.

I just stick with franchise mode and RTTS. Play those literally until the next game drops and then move on to the next.
I'm the opposite. I can't play offline. It's fun to kick back and play RTTS for a bit but being able to play against an array of different human opponents is more stimulating.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by russilini
and battle royal isn't baseball...
True, but Battle Royal is video game baseball, which is what the Show is.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #12
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

I've played around very little with DD this year. I've played a lot of vs CPU games just because I like making the team.

I am leaning toward giving the online DD a try next year. But I think my heart will always be in offline Franchise mode. That is why I'd love to see the DD team builder options in that mode. One can only hope I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #13
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

As a former baseball card collector, I enjoy some, not all, of these missions. I like collecting the player "cards" and playing DD, but I never play against another human online. I was pretty much a RTTS and Franchise-only player until this year. I play DD just to collect the cards and that's it. I just wish they would allow us to hide the missions we have no intention of completing.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #14
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Definitely. I would love to see more missions consistently throughout the season that runs in parallel to the MLB season as well as real world. Would be sweet to see themes around...

Spring Training
Opening Day
Summer
Draft
All-Star
Trade Deadline
Playoff Push
Playoffs
Halloween
Thanksgiving
ect.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Battle Royale is actually really fun. Didn't think I would like the 3 inning baseball, considering I hate quick counts. But I was pleasantly surprised, alot of strategy is added when the game is only 3 innings long.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Battle Royale is actually really fun. Didn't think I would like the 3 inning baseball, considering I hate quick counts. But I was pleasantly surprised, alot of strategy is added when the game is only 3 innings long.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's a shame the trophy for that with getting 20 wins in a row is virtually impossible.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »