Home

How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

For those unfamiliar with it, Diamond Dynasty is MLB The Show 16's card-collecting mode and is inherently worth a try. The beauty of Diamond Dynasty is that cards are collected no matter what mode you play in. So, if you’ve played every last game of the last three seasons in franchise mode or exclusively play in Road to the Show, you still have a treasure trove of cards to utilize. Diamond Dynasty has significantly diversified available in-game missions and, as a result, has immensely prolonged MLB The Show 16's shelf life.

Read More - How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty

Nice article. I can see why a lot of people are a fan of these modes. The missions do seem to add more elements to them.

I personally don't play this mode at all. I messed around with the Conquest Mode (think that is what its called), but these modes are just not for me. I don't play online, don't want to play online and just doesn't interest me as a game mode. Sure I go thru and see which cards I have collected, I have even gone so far as to make a line up or two. But that is where my interests dies. For me these modes have absolutely no substance to them.

I just stick with franchise mode and RTTS. Play those literally until the next game drops and then move on to the next.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0

I like what they did with the mode this year, however I'm burned out on playing other people online. I'd just rather not have to deal with cheesers and connection problems. I wish there was a better offline mode for DD. I couldn't get into Conquest at all. I want to play 9 inning games that feel more grounded in reality than like a board game. I hope they add some kind of season mode or some better offline option, because I love the team creating/building aspect of the game and I would play it a lot more if there was an engaging single player mode. Also I hope that for any single-player DD modes, that we can play with Broadcast or Hybrid presentations so I can actually admire the uniforms in cutscenes since I put a lot of work into creating them.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I wish they would have started these earlier in the year when I was still paying attention and playing DD. It would have kept my interest in DD for much longer.

Then just one day late into the season I went in there to check some things and all these new missions were added, but I didn't hear anything about them and didn't know how most of it worked. I didn't even know they put captains up to level 50 or changed their requirements until this month.

It's very interesting and I hope they continue with it in 17.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
It takes awhile to comprehend the vastness of the various DD missions, but once you start focusing in there's a lot you can achieve in a very small amount of time. For example, I was able to get Ted Williams (99 OVR) after a about a week's worth of playing and no money out of pocket. Couldn't see FIFA ever giving away a 99 OVR Messi like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1
DD was much better when you made your own players and your starters pitched like a rotation and got tired....they should have left DD alone
Old 12-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1
and battle royal isn't baseball...
Old 12-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Limadawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Nice article. I can see why a lot of people are a fan of these modes. The missions do seem to add more elements to them.

I personally don't play this mode at all. I messed around with the Conquest Mode (think that is what its called), but these modes are just not for me. I don't play online, don't want to play online and just doesn't interest me as a game mode. Sure I go thru and see which cards I have collected, I have even gone so far as to make a line up or two. But that is where my interests dies. For me these modes have absolutely no substance to them.

I just stick with franchise mode and RTTS. Play those literally until the next game drops and then move on to the next.
My feelings exactly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »