Home

Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files

This is a discussion on Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files

It’s no secret that the debate between FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) usually starts and ends with licenses. With Konami and EA Sports in a race to secure as many licenses as possible, sometimes every gamer suffers in the long run. While the PES community is filled with a plethora of option files, FIFA 17 is as a “pick-up-and-play” game as we’ll see in the footy genre.

Read More - Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
Bought PES last year and downloaded the option file. I was content and thought the content was quality. Or so I thought.

This year I decided to get Fifa and I must say the official licenses make a HUGE difference. Not only are the kits precise, but since every league is in the game the transfers in Career Mode give you the opportunity to sign players that just arent even in PES. Like most of the German league. PES has GREAT gameplay and i enjoyed it thoroughly, but after a few years in Manager Mode everything just got a bit boring and repetitive. The presentation, realism and commentary creat such an atmosphere in Fifa that PES can't currently touch.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I've used some great option files over the years. That said, it's the constant waiting game that you end up playing that is the hardest to deal with. I've been waiting on the latest version of the PES Universe file for months now, and don't get me wrong, those guys do a great job and they offer files for free. That said, it's looking like by the time it's ready, the transfer window will basically be going on, so almost immediately I'll be waiting on the next update. There's also been a history of Konami's Data Packs scrambling Option Files, but it doesn't seem too bad this year from my experience.

There are definitely benefits, like tactical updates and face builds, that you can't really get with FIFA, but for me it just gets really tedious and annoying having to constantly work to keep my rosters current and have the right kits.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
With all that said, I would still rather FIFA give us some edit options as PES does. If you're a fan of Liga NOS or Serie B (Calcio B), there's quite a few unlicensed teams in those leagues and you can't do anything about it. Hell, it would be nice to be able to add the proper badges for Serie A and Serie B and the badge for the Championship with the SkyBet logo. As for PES, if their game had an in game edit share like NBA 2K, their game would be more accessible, especially to new fans of the series who sometimes find option files overly complicated.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
There is no comparison. There never was. Why not having cancer is better than having cancer. Option files are a ghetto way of supplementing a pretty barebones game when it comes to licenses. FIFA is a much better all around experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #6
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Unless there is something I don't know. Being on Xbox options are not an option for me. I like authenticity when gaming. FIFA is the only choice for me.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #7
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files

Would love it if PES had all the licenses, but I prefer it's gameplay so much that I can be happy with the option files.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #8
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
I'm cool with my option files and gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »