Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #169
Rookie

krtgolfing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverarity
All the pre-release buzz about Nascar Heat got me itching to try a deep racing game career mode. With its lackluster reviews and seemingly shallow career, I decided to skip Heat and began reading about alternatives, which landed me squarely on F1.

I'm glad it did.

I grabbed this over the weekend and I am loving it. I am by no means a racing game veteran, and I'm definitely not someone who follows F1. But this game may change me. Everything about it is deep and polished and a ton of fun. As a newb, the number of driver assists are great, and the tutorials, while short, do help introduce a few basic concepts.

The race weekends and their practices are what really work well. They turn a single race into something that really feels like an event, which leads to a much deeper-feeling career mode. I'm only 2 weeks into my first season, but already I feel like I'm invested. The entire thing feels alive.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I thought I'd leave this here in case any other folks like me came stumbling in. I like this enough that I'm not just recommending the game, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the real F1 (which is the true sign of a great sports game: making you more interested in the actual sport!).
Same reason I got into watching F1. Just was playing a video game and really enjoyed it and started following the sport. I typically watch both qualifing and also the race the following day. Worst case I watch at least the race. The race this past weekend in Singapore was exciting. Wish the race went on another lap or two so we could see the battle between Rosberg and Ricardo. Ricardo probably would of passed Rosberg easily.
I am moderately enjoying the Nascar Heat game but the F1 game blows it away!

EPL - Liverpool FC
MLB - Atlanta Braves
MLS - Charlotte FC
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NFL - Carolina Panthers
NHL - Carolina Hurricanes
Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #170
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing
Same reason I got into watching F1. Just was playing a video game and really enjoyed it and started following the sport. I typically watch both qualifing and also the race the following day. Worst case I watch at least the race. The race this past weekend in Singapore was exciting. Wish the race went on another lap or two so we could see the battle between Rosberg and Ricardo. Ricardo probably would of passed Rosberg easily.
I am moderately enjoying the Nascar Heat game but the F1 game blows it away!
Yep rugby video games did the same for me. It taught me the sport so when I did watch it on tv I understood what was going on.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #171
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

Just bought the game last night for PC and I'm having a blast so far.

Once I finally got my crappy T80 wheel up and running and fine-tuned, I started up a quick race at Australia. I love the TV style presentation!!!! It really brings the pre and post race events to life. The race did not fair well for me (damn rain lol), but I had fun learning how to control the car.

Next, I tried the Multiplayer mode. I found one room that displayed an icon for a poor Internet connection, but it was the only room with more than two people. I didn't experience any lag at all, and besides a couple of people spinning me out, I really enjoyed playing against other humans.

Last mode I tried was the Career mode. I really enjoy the customization of each race weekend. I set it up for three practices, short qualifying, and 25% race. I joined Haas Racing since they are the only US owned team and set off. I like the challenge of improving the car through practice sessions. I started the race in 7th, but finished third. I'm going to bump the AI difficulty up from Medium to Hard before the next race.

Overall, I give the game a 9 out of 10. Great job Codemasters after the lackluster F1 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #172
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Yep rugby video games did the same for me. It taught me the sport so when I did watch it on tv I understood what was going on.
I love that a lot of the sports I watch today were introduced to me through playing the video game first.

Hockey - NHLPA 93
Soccer - FIFA International Soccer 93

I just started watching F1 after researching F1 2016. Since I have a 3 year old son who gets up at 6am on the weekends, the English Premier League and now, F1 has given me something to look forward to watching on those mornings.

I haven't decided on an F1 driver yet, but I will root for the Haas team until I do. I'm bummed out there is not a race this weekend. I guess that means more time playing F1 2016!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #173
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

This game is on sale on the U.K. PSN store.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:40 AM   #174
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

There's a demo out now on both consoles. I tried it, I liked it but didn't find it a whole lot different then 2015 except for the career mode of course. Yeah it looks a bit better but the racing felt similar to me. I'll wait for a sale to come around again.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #175
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

How is this game noticed it's on sale in psn store & I never played an f1 series before.

Is this game worth getting or should I pass & wait for a price drop to like $20?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #176
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
How is this game noticed it's on sale in psn store & I never played an f1 series before.

Is this game worth getting or should I pass & wait for a price drop to like $20?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
This is a superb racing game, especially if you have any interest in F1. Fine driving model, compelling career mode, good AI, nice graphics, accessible to all skill levels due to various settings.

It's the complete package. I don't feel ripped off one bit, and I paid full price. Grab it at any discount. You'll enjoy it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »