Home

Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 Available For $34.99

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 Available For $34.99 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2016, 05:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 Available For $34.99

Wolverine Studios has released Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 on PC, for $34.99.

Game Description
Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 puts you on the sideline of your favorite school. You’re in charge of setting the game plan, preparing your roster for success and of course recruiting the next class of standout players. If you really want to roam the virtual sidelines you can even call your own plays and watch the games unfold in exciting 2D action! Chart your school on a course of success over a long career and go back in time through a massive historical almanac to relive your biggest successes.

Gameplay Features
  • 2D game play mode lets you coach and call the plays and then watch the action unfold before you.
  • Detailed recruiting module lets you scout the country for the best players for your program.
  • Deep game planning feature lets you set your strategies for any situation.
  • Full customization of teams, logos, field graphics and much more.
  • Multi-player mode lets you create a league and take on your friends.

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Is there a demo for this type of game? $35 for a test seems risky
Old 11-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Is there a demo for this type of game? $35 for a test seems risky
Looks like you can download/install the game as a trial with a code to unlock the full version. Haven't tried it myself to know what the limitations are but will probably do that after I get off work.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Wolverine Studios has been putting out a lot of Sports Management Sims as of late, I wonder what kind of quality they are... Are they trying to feel a niche market need by putting out these games or are they actually putting out great games that happen to fill that void, I certainly hope it's the latter.

The biggest concern of any Sports Management Sim has to be with the simulation engine, it's why EHM (Eastside Hockey Manager) is still better than NHL branded FHM3 (FHM3 gets the nod in trading (retain salaries), and the ability to start whenever you want instead of being beholden to a database being created among other front office improvements definitely closed the gap), it's also one of the reasons why Beyond The Sidelines (American Football Sim) is taking long.

I'm definitely going to check out the trial, hopefully there's enough of it to get a good idea how realistic the sim engine is.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Yeah, and DDS: College Basketball was super unstable. Had crashes all the time. I'll probably wait until a few more try this and give word on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 Available For $34.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
Yeah, and DDS: College Basketball was super unstable. Had crashes all the time. I'll probably wait until a few more try this and give word on it.
Demo is free, and you can play 2 full years in to your franchise with it.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
Rookie

JP7555's Arena

OVR: 0

I got it. The team definitely has some things to iron out before I'd even call it a "finished" product.

Gameplay issues - I think the past 2 games my pretty accurate QB (w/ pretty good receivers) had a line of something like 6/28 for 150 yards or so. So, QB play could be shored up a bit....???? If I'm not running for 200 yards every game, I wouldn't win at all.

Some visual issues w/ game play, which is to be expected. I've gone to OT twice but, for whatever reason, it didn't let me actually "play" the game anymore. The CP just finished the game and the next thing I knew, I was at the weekly schedule of games w/ the result of the game I just "played" displayed. Ok......

The graphics in these text sims are just going to be a work in progress. We saw it w/ OOTP baseball as well......

I've got a freshman whom I redshirted, starting at RB for me. I set a master depth chart, which he obviously wasn't on. But there he is starting for me..... Is it because he's the highest rated RB I have?

The recruiting is OK. The concept is fine, I guess. But the presentation could be shored up to make it easier to see what's going on. Instead of having all your targets on the left in a mini window for you to endlessly scroll through, why not make them more apparent in a bigger window for easier viewing?

I like the 2D graphics and the idea of being able to see what's going on. The game play just needs a little work to make it more realistic, IMO. And I'd like to be able to play the OT's.........
Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I absolutely love the two basketball games, there have been several of those games so they have had time to establish a great foundation there. It's a different lead designer for the CF game, so some things will be different of course, but I feel like the blue print for making this game a strong title right out of the game was there, but a decision was made not to exactly mimic the hoops titles design wise, and that was a mistake, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »