Home

Has Draft Champions Lost Its Luster?

This is a discussion on Has Draft Champions Lost Its Luster? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has Draft Champions Lost Its Luster?

Yes that needs to be fixed but for now I always put my number one in the two slot....its a small fix for now
Old 10-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #10
Rookie

I dont get all the people wanting to match 1s with 1s. In the NFL teams usually put their #1 CB on an island with the #2 receiver and then double the #1 WR with their second corner and a safety.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowkaga
I dont get all the people wanting to match 1s with 1s. In the NFL teams usually put their #1 CB on an island with the #2 receiver and then double the #1 WR with their second corner and a safety.
All teams don't do it though, and the option to go 1's vs 1's flat out needs to be in.

I don't play online, but I would probably play DC if there was a Sim server/lobby or the like, where I knew the game would be about strategy and managing personnel and not classic Madden Wild Wild West tactics.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 11:07 PM   #12
Rookie

I couldn't agree with you more. Draft Champions and MUT are two game modes I don't even try to play. If they would cut them out and focused more on Franchise Mode and other game improvements, I really think the game would be nearly flawless.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjkflannel
One things that really irks me about Draft Champions is if you want to play it offline you still need a Gold/Plus subscription to even access the mode.
This. 100%.

I don't understand why I can play mut without a subscription, but need one for draft champions. I don't play online enough to warrant the money to get playstation plus, but would love to play draft champions. It's disappointing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2016, 01:50 AM   #14
Banned

Draft Champions is easily my most played game mode. Sometimes I think
i will go on to play my franchise, but I just get sucked over to DC.

I want to echo The Wolf1113's comments. It's exactly what I love about it. I've had some epic great games. It is, by far, the best sports multiplayer experience for me. It's not sim, but it is definitely football based strategy. It's like an awesome board game.

I hardly play MUT at all anymore. I may start my MUT Salary Cap team soon, as I have built enough players to craft a team at the max of the cap. That mode saved MUT, because I tired of the wide variance in talent. It sucks to play when you have more talent everywhere and when you are the one outmatched. DC and Salary Cap MUT fixed this.

And while people complain about the quarter length, 4 minutes, with the accelerated clock turned off produces a great 35-40 minutes of football. And cheesers lose. Period. Onsides kicks and going for it on 4th down buries you. Of course, there is less time, so you do get into catch-up mode sooner.

The game feels like playing the second half of a tie game, with lots of time outs, and clock management is so important. And you always feel like ti s your team, as you created it with a strategy in mind.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #15
Just started!

Draft Champions seems like a waste to me. They could use all that energy into upgrading other parts of the game. Madden could be so much more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2
Draft Champs is the best return on your investment as far as getting MUT players. I've acquired many Elite players by winning DC all the way out (4 games). Just got a 87 overall Can Chancelor last night that is going for 50k+ on the auction block....I would have to grind for hours on solo's to get that player off the auction, which I'm not willing to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »