Home

Throwback Thursday: NFL Blitz 2000

This is a discussion on Throwback Thursday: NFL Blitz 2000 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2016, 09:04 AM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Better than the new Blitz. The late hits is what really made blitz great.
While the late hits were missed in the new blitz I felt the actual gameplay still represented the traditional blitz formula. Me and my buddies still had a ton of fun playing the game.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
so, story time.

i was at a sleepover at my pals place when i was a kid. he is a huge RPG guy - like, NEVER plays sports games. but i convince him to play this one because its more arcadey and you dont need to know the rules of sports and so on. i've done this in the past with nhl, mlb, nba games and have always dominated him so it hasn't been very fun for him. anyway, i convince him to play this game with me.

i let him choose his team and my team, he was the packers and i cant remember who i was - but, we're in the 4th quarter. he is up by 5 points on me. im shocked. he has possession with like.. 10 seconds left or something, at midfield and he burns me and gets to the 1 yard line. so we pause the game. and i congratulate him.

"wow dude, i cant believe you beat me. good job... all you have to do is get tackled, throw an incomplete, or kick a field goal and you win this game."

he said "f*** that, i'm going for it".

sure enough, one second left he snaps the ball, goes for a touchdown. he guns it to the corner. i intercept - and run 101 yards down the sideline for the 6 points to make me win by 1.

he slammed his n64 controller to the ground, shattering it into a million pieces as i died laughing my *** off.

we never played sports games ever again.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
You don't want a NFL Blitz 2000 Gold/NBA Showtime combo arcade machine; What you want is a MAME arcade machine such as https://flic.kr/p/ch1GXu https://flic.kr/p/ch1FmN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 10:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrody
so, story time.

i was at a sleepover at my pals place when i was a kid. he is a huge RPG guy - like, NEVER plays sports games. but i convince him to play this one because its more arcadey and you dont need to know the rules of sports and so on. i've done this in the past with nhl, mlb, nba games and have always dominated him so it hasn't been very fun for him. anyway, i convince him to play this game with me.

i let him choose his team and my team, he was the packers and i cant remember who i was - but, we're in the 4th quarter. he is up by 5 points on me. im shocked. he has possession with like.. 10 seconds left or something, at midfield and he burns me and gets to the 1 yard line. so we pause the game. and i congratulate him.

"wow dude, i cant believe you beat me. good job... all you have to do is get tackled, throw an incomplete, or kick a field goal and you win this game."

he said "f*** that, i'm going for it".

sure enough, one second left he snaps the ball, goes for a touchdown. he guns it to the corner. i intercept - and run 101 yards down the sideline for the 6 points to make me win by 1.

he slammed his n64 controller to the ground, shattering it into a million pieces as i died laughing my *** off.

we never played sports games ever again.
Hahahaha that is an amazing story

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »