Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #393
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Order placed. Expected delivery Friday.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
One thing to keep in mind is the fastball velocity of a pitcher in poor condition (purple sad face) and top condition (red happy face) is around 6 to 8 mph. The fastball speed listed in his attributes is best case, so if it says 93 mph then you can expect around 85-87 mph in worst condition. Use that to your advantage when looking to steal.

I wish there was an easy way to test velocity of outfielders arms but in any case it's good to know which players are in bad condition so you can look for aggressive baserunning ops.

Regarding digital DL's, I bought all the versions digitally and can still DL them - but they are no longer available in the store or are very well hidden. Not sure what's up with that.
Didn't know the condition had an effect on throwing speed. Good to know.

By the way could you or anyone else that knows tell me what does the red bar in the picture below represents? I've looked on the spiritstranslation website but couldn't find anything about it. I used the google translator app and I get "the more red gauge that indicates whether the accustomed how much ball speed batter danger! " So I'm guessing the more that blue circle inside the bar is to the left = the better the batter is at hitting that particular pitch? Is that correct?

And also one thing that is literally driving me crazy. I have set my favorite Swallows lineup from the utility menu - arrange team. Everything looks good and it's saved. But when I go to play an exhibition sometimes it loads my custom lineup , but most of the times it loads the default one so I have to make all the changes again before the match, and it's getting really tedious. It happens totally randomly and I have no clue why. Is this some kind of glitch or am I missing something? I'm playing PYS 11 on ps3 if that helps

Old 10-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #395
Rookie

That is the pitch timing bar I believe. It indicates what speed pitch the batter is expecting. Try to fool the batter by throwing fast when he expects slow and vice versa. It does not operate to any advantage on the first pitch in an at bat. All the way to the right means the batter is looking for a fast ball.

BTW the 2010 website is showing a blank white screen again Spirits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 10:24 PM   #396
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourvision21
That is the pitch timing bar I believe. It indicates what speed pitch the batter is expecting. Try to fool the batter by throwing fast when he expects slow and vice versa. It does not operate to any advantage on the first pitch in an at bat. All the way to the right means the batter is looking for a fast ball.

BTW the 2010 website is showing a blank white screen again Spirits.
Ok I think I get it, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. The red bars represent the speed of the pitch the batter is expecting, and the blue circle is the speed of the pitch that I currently have selected. Makes sense.

Thank for the answer!

EDIT : The blue circle is definitely related to your currently selected pitch speed it seems. Right faster/left slower. But I'm still not sure about the red bars

Last edited by topotamolderps; 10-21-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #397
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topotamolderps
Ok I think I get it, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. The red bars represent the speed of the pitch the batter is expecting, and the blue circle is the speed of the pitch that I currently have selected. Makes sense.

Thank for the answer!

EDIT : The blue circle is definitely related to your currently selected pitch speed it seems. Right faster/left slower. But I'm still not sure about the red bars

The red bars indicate what pitch speed the batter is expecting you to throw. His chances of good contact increase if he guesses right.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #398
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by topotamolderps

The more bold the red bars the more likely he's looking for/will be on that pitch.

Of course, velocity is just one aspect of a pitch. You can always use that against him, throw something same speed but different movement, etc.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #399
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Copy of Powerful Pro 2016 came Friday evening. Still learning what is what but can navigate the settings menu and exhibition mode with ease now.

Two things:

1. PS4 analog sticks stink when hitting. Nothing that will ruin the experience, really, just less than ideal.

2. Is there a detailed guide to editing roster names?
Old 10-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #400
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
1. PS4 analog sticks stink when hitting.
This is my biggest issue with the game and the main reason why I haven't spent as much time with it as I originally anticipated. Even after buying a new PS4 controller the joystick just didn't offer enough precision to control the cursor's movement at the plate.

MLB The Show has the same problem but not to the same extent because Sony's version of cursor hitting does not demand pixel-perfect aim and is more ratings-generated than physics-generated.

I still prefer Konami's more precise cursor hitting system in theory, but the PS4 joystick just isn't equipped to handle it.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-23-2016 at 07:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »