Home

Throwback Thursday: MVP 2005

This is a discussion on Throwback Thursday: MVP 2005 within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #25
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Greatest baseball game ever. Would play every game on AA and AAA, as well as Major League games for the Reds. And MVP Mods made the PC game an even better experience. Greatest baseball game, ever.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 11:37 PM   #26
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Throwback Thursday: MVP 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I always thought the hitting was little too hard (too many soft groundout), but the PC mods fixed that. I was still playing it as recent as a year or two ago.

I remember when 2004 came out and they messed up the left handed hitters power. Everyone was tweaking the ini. files to try and get lefties to hit homeruns. I still played it about 500-600 games worth. 05. even more......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #27
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is it that the peak of Sports games was around 2003-2006, ie- before xbox 360 and ps3? Ncaa Football 05 and 06, Tiger Woods 05 and 06, NBA Live 05 and 06. With each new console it feels like sports games are slowly dying.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:47 AM   #28
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
just imagine if EA still had baseball to this day? how good it could have been.....
Old 10-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Been proud to be part of the MVP modding community contributing rosters over the past several years. With classic pitching possible via tweaking a file and the realistic faces that guys have made over the years, this game still produces to this day. Still play this online. It has a few quirks but they are easily overlooked by the overall experience.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 AM   #30
Rookie

I still play this game at least twice a week... I am on year 18 of my owner mode. I have it on PC and xbox original, I thought life was going to be even better as I loaded the gamecube emulator on to my Macbook and loaded mvp 05 .iso but it does not really play well. close but no cigar. This will always be the best baseball video game. I don't see todays standard of video games every taking these kinds of chances. The fact that you can take time after a play and throw the ball around so you can get the timing down and just have fun doing it has still yet to be challanged.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #31
Rookie

How do you get this baby working under windows 7 ? I get a message which says "this game requires a directx 9 videocard" or something like that.

Pretty sure my laptop card is directx11 and my desktop has directx12 (windows 10). Is there no way to run the game on newer systems?

I've been searching the official forums and the mvp mods forums and there are quite a few threads about the same issue , but no one has posted a working answer or at least I haven't found it.

One guy posted something about downgrading your directx version , but I googled how to do it and most people says it's impossible on windows 7

Last edited by topotamolderps; 10-17-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »