Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I haven't played PP2016 but I got a copy of the 2013 PP (and PYS 2010 as well) and I think it's largely the same engine. Probably a few differences perhaps and the animations might not be quite the same (given the character models), but overall it seems to be a similar experience.

I do think console/handheld PYS is gone. Folks in this thread have mentioned that and they follow the series closely.
Thanks, I think I'm going with PYS 14 for the vita tv since it's way cheaper. Maybe I'll get PP16 for the ps4 once it gets a little bit cheaper.

Shocked that the series are probably gone and they decided to keep Power Pros instead.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #378
Rookie

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Is there any way to slide in PYS or Power Pros? I've seen the controls translation but it doesn't say anything about it. Plenty of times I could have reached the base safely if I could slide

Edit : Ignore the question, I just noticed that the player does it by themselves

Last edited by topotamolderps; 09-21-2016 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 AM   #379
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by topotamolderps
Is this game really better than the Pro yakyuu spirits series? I don't know if I should get Pro yakyuu 13 or 14 for the vita TV or this one for the PS4.

I was trying pro yakyuu spirits 10 for the ps2 and then I tried the Power Pros 16 success mode demo and honestly I don't know. The other game looks much more realistic (even ignoring graphics/characters) . The physics and everything feels much more realistic and the animations look top notch but they look meh on Power pros. I might be wrong since I haven't played either one too much and I'm no expert in baseball by any means. What do you think?

And also did Konami stop making the Pro Yakyuu spirits series forever? Any of you know if they ever going to release the game again? Even if it's only for ps3/vita?

Thanks in advance
Power Pro is not really better (or worse) than PYS. If you want more of a sim experience go for PYS. If you want fun at the cost of a bit of realism then go with Power Pro's. People look and think PP is arcadey but in reality it plays similar to PYS, but hardcore would probably prefer PYS.

Can't say what they are going to release in the future, perhaps it depends on PP sales. So much went into PYS though I have a hard time believing that they ditched PYS altogether.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 09-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #380
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
Power Pro is not really better (or worse) than PYS. If you want more of a sim experience go for PYS. If you want fun at the cost of a bit of realism then go with Power Pro's. People look and think PP is arcadey but in reality it plays similar to PYS, but hardcore would probably prefer PYS.

Can't say what they are going to release in the future, perhaps it depends on PP sales. So much went into PYS though I have a hard time believing that they ditched PYS altogether.
Thanks for your answer and for the excellent job you guys do on the spiritstranslation website. It would be impossible to properly enjoy the game without your time and dedication.

I hope you are right and future PYS are still coming. I wouldn't be able to buy Power pros 16 even if I liked it more than PYS (which I definitely don't). Because in my mind that would be like admitting that Konami made the right decision by not releasing the game anymore and releasing power pros instead. I don't want to give them a reason to continue doing it in the future.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:28 AM   #381
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
they took a year off porting PP to fox engine, maybe there doing the same with PYS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #382
Rookie

How the hell do I stop runners from stealing bases in PYS? Can it be done? I throw the ball right as the catcher gets it but the runner ALWAYS makes it in time. I don't see a way to stop it. But if I'm the one trying to steal of course it's always an out.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #383
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by topotamolderps
How the hell do I stop runners from stealing bases in PYS? Can it be done? I throw the ball right as the catcher gets it but the runner ALWAYS makes it in time. I don't see a way to stop it. But if I'm the one trying to steal of course it's always an out.

It can be done, but you probably need a very high arm/catcher rating to be reliable.

Orix doesn't have that (in PYS 2010), so...yeah. I've had success stealing, but it can be hard.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:43 AM   #384
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea the catchers for the Buff's in 2010 had poor range/reaction with avg arm accuracy & strength. You can throw out runners if you have good catchers but it can be tough without. Best thing you can do is keep them from stealing in the first place by using pickoffs & pitchouts and throw "plus" fastballs high in the zone. Also vary the delay in your pickoffs, sometimes you can catch them running if you stall. Late in the game try to find pitchers with quick delivery or "vs Runner" special skills which increases pitch velocity.

As for stealing bases it certainly can be done especially with your S, A, or B speed rated players. I've stolen with C & D as well but it gets challenging. Just like in real life wait for breaking ball counts, pitchers with long deliveries, lowball or junk pitchers, those with below avg fastball velocity, bad condition (which decreases control) and above all else poorly rated catchers. Also mash the bumper buttons during the run for a slight speed increase.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »