Home

PES 2017 Review

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2016, 02:04 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Review

One other slight issue is with goalkeepers. I'm seeing this a lot: on goal kicks, the keeper constantly chooses short ground pass to the defender off to the side and closest to the net.

I have seen this with many teams. What tactics is this associated with? Something we can manually adjust?

It's not a big deal, just not so realistic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 04:04 AM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
One other slight issue is with goalkeepers. I'm seeing this a lot: on goal kicks, the keeper constantly chooses short ground pass to the defender off to the side and closest to the net.

I have seen this with many teams. What tactics is this associated with? Something we can manually adjust?

That is probably related with the CPU A/D levels throughout the match. We can try to use a more pressing tactic against it, forcing him to kick the ball long or just live with it. Also, he doesnīt always pass to the closest player. It depends how close you are marking CPU players.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #43
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Quote:

Is fluid formations turned on or have you been pushing your line towards center field? I personally don't see this happen much, then again I often play lower end teams in tier 2 leagues.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I don't understand why the lack of Option Files on XB1 would be in any way related to the PS4 review of the game, but I found most everything else to be very fair and truthful.

What makes PES shine, in my opinion, is the way that CPU opponents play. The passes and shots you'll see from them generally just make sense, and other than some of the elite players feeling a bit too tame, the CPU feels like you're playing a human opponent. I've been playing the FIFA demo for days now, and I may end up buying it anyway because I like so much about the game. That being said, the CPU opponents pale in comparison to those in PES, because there's so little in terms of play style variation and at times the tiki taka passing becomes very unnatural and frustrating. If the Option File guys are able to work some magic with the PES tactics, then you'll really see something special on the pitch.

I reviewed it on the PS4 but I thought it would be in bad taste to not mention the lack of Option Files on the XB1. I would hate for someone to buy it and not know (I know it's unlikely given all the news and posts here but for people migrating over from FIFA it could happen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Is fluid formations turned on or have you been pushing your line towards center field? I personally don't see this happen much, then again I often play lower end teams in tier 2 leagues.
I've seen it with both fluid formation on and off... And to be honest now, I'm seeing this almost every game. Doesn't matter the team or league, seeing it everywhere.

I haven't really played around with difficulty too much, so that could also change things if it makes the CPU more aggressive. I haven't played PES in a long time so I may be playing at difficulty levels lower than some of you guys here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #46
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

I've seen them play it centrally if you press high and take away the wide outlets but yeah, the majority of the time when they play it short they play it wide.

One thing with keepers I noticed is that it's hard to play a quick counter with a kick. There's always a delay and a slow animation plays out
Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #47
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I've seen them play it centrally if you press high and take away the wide outlets but yeah, the majority of the time when they play it short they play it wide.

One thing with keepers I noticed is that it's hard to play a quick counter with a kick. There's always a delay and a slow animation plays out
I find the keepers with low punt trajectory easier to perform quick counters. It won't work all the time but I had a few instances where I was able pull it off.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:27 AM   #48
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
PES 2017 Review

A review about PES in the PES forum and we got some people acting like FIFA is God... SMH. I've always been FIFA every single year. Played both demos this year and PES gameplay blew me away. I've now happily switched to PES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »