Home

NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyCareer could be brilliant imo if they hired role-playing game developers, if not writers, and allowed us to truly make the mode an interactive experience. First and foremost there NEEDS to be a conversation/dialogue wheel. Let me be cocky if I want to, or humble; let me be a jerk, or nice; funny, or serious. Etc. There should also be a choice between 2 or 3 potential love interests with an option of staying single if you don't want to bother with that kind of thing. Give us a choice of agents with different personalities and strengths. Also, give us a choice of forcing our way to a team we want to play for right out of the gate. Example: have the draft as it is now but when our player is picked give us a CHOICE to stay with that team or choose another. (I believe MLB The Show does something like this.) While I admittedly don't know much about what goes into making a game these kinds of personalized RPG touches don't seem that unrealistic.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #34
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Great review, but not enough mention of what's not there or needs patching. I'd still give it a 9 though. Best sports game ever IMO.
I have to check this out.For PS4? Yes, but the post game highlights look terrible IMO. I can't compare them to XBO, but compared to the halftime highlights, they're too close up on the action and too short. I'm wondering if this was necessary to get them working.
I felt like they looked choppy and short last year as well, in comparison to the beautiful replays from 2k15, which also didn't work if you play longer than 6 minute qtrs.

Glad to know they are at least functional now though. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #35
Rookie

McKnight2915's Arena

Been playing 2k since the 2k3, and this is by far the best iteration to date. Game play is smooth, animations are excellent, and, as some have said before, it oozes love from the devs. Not perfect, but one hell of an effort by beluba and crew.
9/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #36
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
There's too many bugs to give this a 9. I'd give it a 7.5 with potential to raise to an 8.5 if they fix stuff.
For me, 9.5 gameplay. The modes, presentation, bugs included... 7.0

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #37
Rookie

needs a patch...generate generic warmups for a team that you have moved...I moved the hornets team colors are orange and black now but I still have the hornets warmups. When you move a team the warmups should just default to the team colors you have chosen. (small gripe) but it's my OCD lol
Old 09-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #38
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I agree with what was written in the review. However a lot of the actual problems in the game where totally glossed over.

No mention of UI
No mention of on fly TO problem
No mention of MyLeague POE issues
No mention of draft classes
No mentions of Sim stat
Etc

It's a good review, but honestly I expected a little more in depth from OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree and Ill add the graphical glitches that appear in MyCareer with your characters face. Its obv. this game has been rushed, otherwise I cant believe how some of this stuff has gone through testing unnoticed...
Old 09-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #39
Rookie

Love the game! Presentation, color, sound, lights, player faces, etc. look amazing. The AI is good at this point. Love the game modes, as the reviewer said My Career - meh. The only gameplay issue I have is defensive movement and sometimes ballhandler control on the baseline or post. A great game of BBall at any rate!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #40
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
In reality, MyCareer is a mode at odds with the rest of the game. The rest of NBA 2K17 gives you a plethora of options to customize and enjoy your experience while MyCareer is a mode that forces you down a narrow path, whether you like it or not. On top of that, since you "have to" play this mode to get badges and get some of the needed perks to survive if you want to play the online aspects of this mode, it means you're stuck playing it.
This is going to be the first time in a long time I don't buy 2K. And this is why.

It's been said many times before, but I'll say it again: Park and Pro-AM needs to be independent of MyCareer. I've spent more time than I care to admit playing a mode I can't stand (MyPlayer/MyCareer) just to have fun and be competitive in the modes I love and really want to play (Crew, Park, Pro-Am). I just can't do it anymore, it's not worth the time commitment.

Hopefully NBA 2k18 gets right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »