Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2016, 03:31 AM   #369
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
I don't think so. To my understanding it's more about physical condition - age, injury status, special skills (some will be in better condition in certain months and some pitchers can boost the condition of all players etc.)

Ah okay - must have been a happy (or unhappy) coincidence.

Sakaguchi is batting over .400 and just dropped to neutral so yeah I guess performance isn't a factor.

Ohbiki is depressed as well while hitting in the .300s (somehow - he fascinates me because his pentagraph is horrible). Must be that "OH BI KI" chant that fires him up
Old 09-13-2016, 03:37 AM   #370
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Beautiful urgency

Nice plays.

I know I see so many plays that would not be possible in The Show while at the same time those plays are not always successful either, even without any mistakes but without players taking 10 minutes to get up after a dive.

Sometimes I can't believe I'm playing a game that's 6 years old (PYS 2010).
Old 09-14-2016, 10:58 PM   #371
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Is a pitcher "going in the red" somewhat random?

I ask because last game, my pitcher went "in the red" three batters into the game after two singles and a HBP.

Granted, not a wonderful start, but I've knocked the CPU pitchers around for multiple runs in the first inning and they still say out of the red. Sometimes, they are pulled but still no red flashing bar. Yet, my guy drops in after three batters and 0 runs scored?

I checked his skills and he basically has none at all, positive or negative. I know there's some skills that influence it so I checked to see if I missed some.

Any explanation other than it just wasn't his day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 03:09 AM   #372
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3

There's no formula to speak of but I'd say the HBP mainly triggered it. That may just rank pretty close to a HR in regards to rattling a pitcher - especially considering multiple hits occurred prior to it.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #373
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Is a pitcher "going in the red" somewhat random?

I ask because last game, my pitcher went "in the red" three batters into the game after two singles and a HBP.

Granted, not a wonderful start, but I've knocked the CPU pitchers around for multiple runs in the first inning and they still say out of the red. Sometimes, they are pulled but still no red flashing bar. Yet, my guy drops in after three batters and 0 runs scored?

I checked his skills and he basically has none at all, positive or negative. I know there's some skills that influence it so I checked to see if I missed some.

Any explanation other than it just wasn't his day?
Any chance you left a position player in to pitch by mistake? As far as turning red far as I know its a combination of pitches thrown and how hard they are getting hit.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #374
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Any chance you left a position player in to pitch by mistake? As far as turning red far as I know its a combination of pitches thrown and how hard they are getting hit.

Nope, he's a pitcher. He had full stamina going into the game as well.

Condition/mood face was neutral.

Must have just been one of those days. Got whipped 13-2.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #375
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is this game really better than the Pro yakyuu spirits series? I don't know if I should get Pro yakyuu 13 or 14 for the vita TV or this one for the PS4.

I was trying pro yakyuu spirits 10 for the ps2 and then I tried the Power Pros 16 success mode demo and honestly I don't know. The other game looks much more realistic (even ignoring graphics/characters) . The physics and everything feels much more realistic and the animations look top notch but they look meh on Power pros. I might be wrong since I haven't played either one too much and I'm no expert in baseball by any means. What do you think?

And also did Konami stop making the Pro Yakyuu spirits series forever? Any of you know if they ever going to release the game again? Even if it's only for ps3/vita?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by topotamolderps; 09-20-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #376
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I haven't played PP2016 but I got a copy of the 2013 PP (and PYS 2010 as well) and I think it's largely the same engine. Probably a few differences perhaps and the animations might not be quite the same (given the character models), but overall it seems to be a similar experience.

I do think console/handheld PYS is gone. Folks in this thread have mentioned that and they follow the series closely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »