Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.08 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.08 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #33
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.08 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

The problem is MLB does not have nearly as many pitchers falling off to one side or the other. Most of them finish forward, so they are right in the way of balls up the middle.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
The problem is MLB does not have nearly as many pitchers falling off to one side or the other. Most of them finish forward, so they are right in the way of balls up the middle.
But if they fall off to one side or the other , aren't the chances still going to be the same that a ball hit to whichever side they fall will hit them ? Thats another question I just have no idea of the answer .

A Work in Progress
Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I have no clue but even 40 times in over 200 games sounds a bit high . But it may not be . I just have no idea . I dont guess there is any real life count how often a pitcher gets struck , is there ?

1 in 5 games a pitcher being hit. Hmm...it does seem high, but I don't think we'd find any irl data to objectively see.

We can look at hitter spray charts on fangraphs and see how many GB or LD "dots" are near the mound. I usually see just a handful, but I haven't seen every hitter with any appreciable playing time either, of course.

I do think it might be too frequent on balls up the middle in general. That's probably a video game thing. A lot of grounders on the few charts I've seen gravitate around the 2B or SS (which is probably no surprise to anyone who's watched or played the game). Usually not many dots around the 2B bag.

If games make too many balls towards the middle (via the combination of game engine setup, RNG, and user ability/desire to hit the ball back up the middle), that would give more chances for the pitcher to be in the way of some of them.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-19-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #36
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
1 in 5 games a pitcher being hit. Hmm...it does seem high, but I don't think we'd find any irl data to objectively see.
Your probably right on not being able to find any data to see, but 1 in 5 games....30 teams playing every night, that would be 15 games so it would be 3 pitchers getting hit every night on average.......anyway, it was just an opinion based on what I have seen while playing the game and what I have witnessed at the ballparks.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:44 AM   #37
Rookie

Is there any chance they made the HR/9 rating matter in gameplay. I swear my RTTS pitcher is getting rocked lately with the long ball. My ERA skyrocketed and it's mostly from the homerun ball. lol And these are on good pitches.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #38
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbprice20
Anyone else notice that "status" for player morale is messed up? All my position players are listed as bench and all pitchers are bullpen. Didn't see this before patch...
Any more information on this??
Old 09-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #39
Pro

TheRock88's Arena

OVR: 16

Is the double XP over? Just played a game in my franchise right now and didnt get about the usual amount of XP that I did since the patch and also only unlocked 1 player card instead of 4-6.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock88
Is the double XP over? Just played a game in my franchise right now and didnt get about the usual amount of XP that I did since the patch and also only unlocked 1 player card instead of 4-6.
Was wondering about that, too. Everywhere I've checked online seems to say that there was "no deadline" for the double XP ending, but that there were some bugs with it applying from game-to-game and that a fix was in the works. The suggestion given in the meantime was to completely power down and restart the system after each game until the fix comes out. But I've been doing that for the last two days, and I haven't met with much luck. I was hoping double XP was going to go on indefinitely. Hopefully it will and they're still working on a fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »