Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #153
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Honestly, that's an amazing patch list, and I had no idea the game could use most of that LOL

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #154
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Another much less significant patch just got pushed to Steam this morning, here's a link to the patch notes:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discus...tes-05-09-2016
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #155
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
Are you using cockpit view? If so, the only on screen prompt you will see is on the steering wheel itself, and it varies depending on which team you are driving for. For most, it is shown as 2 green lights on the far left of the shift indicator lights when DRS is available
Ah, THAT'S IT. You're a genius, dude. THANK YOU!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Ah, THAT'S IT. You're a genius, dude. THANK YOU!
No worries mate, just glad people are enjoying this years game. FYI, in the audio settings you can also choose to have an audible beep when DRS is available as well. Sounds slightly different to the revs/gear change one. I'm finding both of those very useful, as you don't need to look away from the track. Codies have really done a great job, and the latest patch looks very promising. Can't wait to get home from work today and turn some laps!

Last edited by Lukin4; 09-05-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #157
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Monaco has been, and likely always will be my nemesis with this game. Sure, I can turn down the difficulty and get the win, but... whats the fun in that? It rained in my first practice session... what a disaster. Complete disaster. P2 was dry, then changed to rain. P3 says sun.. Race says clouds, which from my experience means there's always a chance of rain. If so, I'm probably really screwed. No rain...

My race in Spain though.. what a blast. Started 4th, dropped as far back as 12th with strategy/stops. Took the lead with about 4 to go, but just didnt have the grip left to hold on. Rosberg got me in the second to last set of turns as I got up out of the racing line. Ended up bringing it home in 2nd.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #158
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

First impression: I'm actually staying on the track without spinning out every other turn! *GASP* Yeah, I'm looking at you Project Cars.

I just ran through the tutorial videos and did my first practice session. Started on hard and finished about 10 seconds behind the leader. Gonna knock it down a level and try to get my feet wet. Hopefully that will be more my speed. Gotta find a balance where I can win, but still have to work for it. Game seems cool so far, though. The graphics are better than the streams I watched indicated.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #159
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Oh my goodness the racing in this game feels so smooth. I hate to bring up Project Cars again, but I'm kind of geeked right now to just be able to focus on making a good time. That game felt like more of a battle to just make it through a race in one piece for me. No dealing with plugging in some damn setups that don't work, just the track and my tires and pitting strategy.

In my second practice run I still qualified dead last, but I was only 4 seconds behind the leader. That's a lot more acceptable. If I can clean it up a little bit, maybe I can stay in the pack during the race. I like Lewis Hamilton and thought about going with his team, but I decided to go middle of the road with McClaren-Honda. Rolling with the homie Fernando Alonzo. Let's do this!

One more thing, I'm never really a big fan of practicing but I was kind of zoned in during those two sessions. The Australian track was a lot of fun to drive, so it was good times just trying to improve on each lap. I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with this game.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #160
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

That's awesome. Welcome aboard, Pappy!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »