Home

PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #41
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

Yep the 1 thing keeping PES from amazing greatness.

Shielding, a shield button, shielding mechanics, etc.

If the cpu was better at simply turning and shielding then the user could not steal it so easy.

I miss a dedicated shielding button so much when I play this game, yes, you can let go of everything, squeeze sprint only and then left stick away to sort of shield but it does not always make the player shield, it's based too much on what the defender is doing and where they are located on the pitch.

This is the 1 thing intriguing me about fifa this year, the revamped shield mechanic.

But if pes had this the cpu could turn and shield, drawing a foul maybe but more than anything protecting the ball at the cost of advancing it, but retaining possession.

Meanwhile I would not have to turn away from pressure, squeeze RT(my sprint button) over and over pointing the stick trying and hoping the shield animation kicks in.

Shame is PES has a shielding animation and it looks very cool.

I have not seen the cpu shield during any of my play sessions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 AM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
The issue of the CPU ONLY defending when you get close to its box -- the cpu NOT BEING AGGRESSIVE in closing down spaces higher up the pitch
Have you tried to play against Barcelona? They are pressing you like an orange in your own half almost all the game until they get a two goals advantage. It is also quite hard to enter germany half if your are not using the wings. Athletico has a low defensive line but Greizman and Torres are always trying everything to intercept your CB passes. Pressure on through the pitch is really there for me and great news it is varied from one team to another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'm just having much more fun with the PES 17 demo, enough so that I quit my very beloved Everton career in FIFA 16...after 8 seasons. *sniff* RIP
Two weeks before the pes demo was released I thought let's do a last fifa16 CM before fifa17 launch but with updated team transfers. I spend almost all my usual fifa time during those two weeks making "all" the transfers using transfermarket website (Serie A was an absolute nightmare and surprisingly enough English PL was quick). I just played one game in this new CM, the day before PES released the demo... I tried to go back to it at the time positioning in PES was not fixed, but man it was impossible to play fifa 16 again such a gap in realism and fluidity between these two games.

So far I can't let the demo down, I only regret those games are limited to 10 mins. I am eagerly waiting for the full game now!
Old 09-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #43
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah I find pressure to be varied depending upon who I'm playing (Barca - high press) and the score/time. There have been plenty of times where I've had to just clear the ball instead of trying to manual pass my way out of the back. I've learned the hard way in that regard giving up a few easy goals when trying to be slick.

But like Royce said, once the full game drops and tactics aren't locked then we'll probably see even more varied play.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #44
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
There have been plenty of times where I've had to just clear the ball instead of trying to manual pass my way out of the back. I've learned the hard way in that regard giving up a few easy goals when trying to be slick.
Ha ha yes, me too. This was my first oh geez, can't just ping it out fifa style from the back moment.

Passing stats seem to really matter in pes for the "bad" passers, particularly those players under some heat.

On the flip side, it feels great to just clear it out realistically because it gives you a chance to reset your D and get back at it again. Just like RL
Old 09-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #45
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Ha ha yes, me too. This was my first oh geez, can't just ping it out fifa style from the back moment.

Passing stats seem to really matter in pes for the "bad" passers, particularly those players under some heat.

On the flip side, it feels great to just clear it out realistically because it gives you a chance to reset your D and get back at it again. Just like RL

Not only that but this yr PES has wayward clearances where you will mi**** the ball depending upon your body position/pressure.

I wish some of it would carry over to shooting tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Not only that but this yr PES has wayward clearances where you will mi**** the ball depending upon your body position/pressure.

Agree, that would be great!

I am starting to be a bit tired of these second shot on corner kicks that go trough a forest of players and are too constantly very dangerous. It is nice to see from time to time but not on >50% of the CK.
I concede many of my goals on those peace of play, my keeper often make a save that land right at cpu attacker. A bit frustrating.

Do you have a technic to prevent the cpu from taking these shots or blocking them?
Old 09-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

This is exactly what I was thinking. I would also like fatigue to affect the shooting as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #48
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Looking for some input here from the PES regulars. Let's say for example I am playing as West Brom and going up against Man City.

I want to set my team to park the bus and just bomb it long and try for a counter with maximum 3 players joining the attack. Is this possible?

To be more specific, I don't want my cdms to go forward at all, put on the brakes at the half way line essentially. Same for fullbacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »