Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #81
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
I am on PC so...I am not going to be able to enjoy this ''The Prelude stuff''.
I felt entitled to spoil myself,so I already know most of this stuff lol.

This ''Prez'' nickname is gonna stick.....Aight. I will try my hardest to block it from my mind,like last year....President Of Basketball...WTF

I really like the dynamic duo thing..I am curious,how are they going make it work? Using two teammates at once? Wat?
You know 2k always leaves pc in the dust for some stupid reason, I just hope they address the cheating issue so that we can have actual parks full of people
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #82
Rookie

Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
The only thing I want to know is whether our teammates are any good. All this auxiliary stuff will go untouched if I'm playing next to a star and the game makes him play terribly so I have to do everything on my own.
Idk why this isn't brought up more often. With the SIM nature that most of us want to play, I hate being forced to play hero ball. In 2k16 I was a two way PG for the Rockets. And in crunch time it was always "get the ball to Freq" while James Harden was 3 for 7 from the field. Granted I play My League the most so it's probably more noticeable in a single player mode that the AI takes a considerable drop off. But Harden was very rarely aggressive enough to be considered a go to guy. He was the Kukoc to my Jordan at best. Hopefully this is looked into.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #83
Rookie

No Duke for college? Coach K is on the game, he could have at least convinced Duke to participate. I would love to beat them in the National Championship game. Man, I guess you can't have everything.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
Idk why this isn't brought up more often. With the SIM nature that most of us want to play, I hate being forced to play hero ball. In 2k16 I was a two way PG for the Rockets. And in crunch time it was always "get the ball to Freq" while James Harden was 3 for 7 from the field. Granted I play My League the most so it's probably more noticeable in a single player mode that the AI takes a considerable drop off. But Harden was very rarely aggressive enough to be considered a go to guy. He was the Kukoc to my Jordan at best. Hopefully this is looked into.

Always been an issue with the game indeed. The only way you could get your stars to be aggressive is through trying to set them up. Or putting AI call plays on auto. Which was often annoying to watch as everything looked like slow motion to me. Eitherway hope they fix it with their "new AI". It could totally turn the mode around this year with that alone.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #85
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Yea that works great for a 6'10" PF who is a lockdown defender. But for a pg or sg who is 6'1 strength/rebounding and scoring in the post are all but useless stats. Which is why I said it should vary by position. What works for a lockdown defender in the post isn't what works best for a wing lockdown defender.

Kinda obvious to me that whoever made the caps was envisioning Deandre Jordan type defender when a Gary Payton type defender is what is lockdown at the point.

Kinda pointless to have a super good steal and the pickpocket badge when pretty much handle the ball like Dwight Howard. They will just take it right back from you.
Definitely - for smaller pgs although to be fair. I believe the smaller you are you get boosts to lateral quickness - shot off dribble and another one. Same for weight it increases speed or strength I believe. Then you have bronze badges. And not to mention we don't know if strength might be more versatile this year. Not just for post offense or defense. Eitherway the build indeed looks weak at first glance. I just hope the devs knew what they were doing and it resulted on these stats. And well again we don't know the value of each stat cap so we will see. Let's hope for the best.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Always been an issue with the game indeed. The only way you could get your stars to be aggressive is through trying to set them up. Or putting AI call plays on auto. Which was often annoying to watch as everything looked like slow motion to me. Eitherway hope they fix it with their "new AI". It could totally turn the mode around this year with that alone.

Yea I'm hoping the improvements to how plays are called and how ACE views game situations will really translate into my career just as well as it does in my league. Could definitely make for a great year in both modes

Old 09-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #87
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Definitely - for smaller pgs although to be fair. I believe the smaller you are you get boosts to lateral quickness - shot off dribble and another one. Same for weight it increases speed or strength I believe. Then you have bronze badges. And not to mention we don't know if strength might be more versatile this year. Not just for post offense or defense. Eitherway the build indeed looks weak at first glance. I just hope the devs knew what they were doing and it resulted on these stats. And well again we don't know the value of each stat cap so we will see. Let's hope for the best.

We can hope, but I think to be safe I will go with a Sharpshooting SG as close to a Reggie Miller clone as I can get. If I went pg I would go shot creator probably but I am old and slow so not sure I want to take a chance on the stickwork being too difficult. The badges for sharpshooter are really good and I think even with my old reflexes I can handle coming off a screens and dropping daggers.

If the new emote systems give me some nice animations like the Reggie choke sign I will be in heaven.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
We can hope, but I think to be safe I will go with a Sharpshooting SG as close to a Reggie Miller clone as I can get. If I went pg I would go shot creator probably but I am old and slow so not sure I want to take a chance on the stickwork being too difficult. The badges for sharpshooter are really good and I think even with my old reflexes I can handle coming off a screens and dropping daggers.

If the new emote systems give me some nice animations like the Reggie choke sign I will be in heaven.
Yea that's one thing I thought was a bit unbalanced. Some playstyles have all great badges. Others have a few who don't seem as useful. But again is all about the "seems" part. Only 6 days away from prelude!.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »